I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T! I mean..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
Well, I finally have D* service at my new apartment. It took about 4 hours, about half of which was troubleshooting errors. First the hole that was drilled in the family room almost hit part of the foundation. Then the SWM they installed was faulty and we couldn't get a signal on the receivers. THEN we got a signal on the HR20, but none of the MPEG4 channels would work. We tried resetting, using the BBC converters (even though we all but knew that they were unnecessary with the new SWM), and the guy even called his supervisor. The supervisor said something about that they had been receiving a bunch of complaints and technical issues, and that there was something wrong with my receiver and I'd probably need to send it back to D* to get a new one. While a brand new HR21/22 is quite appealing, who knew when it would eventually arrive.

As he was thinking of leaving, I said, "What if we force a software download?" As it turned out, I didn't have the most recent software available, and we did the download, and now ALL my HD channels work with my new dish!! Who would have thought that all it would have taken was a little insight from the customer.

Ok I'm done celebrating. Back to my living hell that is called moving.

Now I know why all the smart techs here say to force a download before proceeding with your SWM install.
The tech who installed mine didn't even ask to see my permission form before he installed it. It was installed in a multi-family house. Guess that means that they're liable for anything bad that happens. :p

Status
Please reply by conversation.