I am staying with Dish Network

TomD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 21, 2004
Once again this month, I decided to stay with Dish Network, as I've done so for the past 53 months. I really thought you'd all be interested in that.

As a long time visitor to the boards, I am always amazed by two things:

1) The number of people who really feel the need to post when they are leaving Dish. For all of you have done that in the past and will do so in the future, I just wanted to say congratulations on your decision and wish you well. I also want to let you know that your decision had absolutely no effect on my life.

2) The number of people who, once they left Dish and announced their intention to everyone here, still stay and post on the board. If your leaving didn't convey your intended message to Dish, why would posting on this board having any more effect.

I also wanted to let everyone know that I haven't felt a void yet in my life because Dish doesn't carry every channel available in North America.

That's all.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys, Tom!!! :wave

This is, by far, the best first post I've ever seen! I agree completely with everything you said. I love DISH Network and really get tired of the constant whining. No company is perfect and no company will ever be perfect. Every company has its advantages and disadvantages. Some people can't understand that. Thanks for posting that.

Korsjs, BrettRay, and Chaddux:

Thanks for the nice notes. I enjoy reading your posts (and not just the ones that agree with me). :)

welcome tom... yesss indeeede nice first post.. i have to admit i was once like that... untill i had comast installed.. everyone here knows that, that lasted two hours before i said F*(k this.. and decided to stick with dish..

I am leaving Dish and going back to VOOM....er, can't do that so I think I'll stick with Dish since the 942 Rocks! :D Anyway, I don't mind people posting that they are leaving a particular service...just as long as they do it somewhat constructive way. Saying (pick a service) Sucks and wishing persistant flatulence and hemorrhoids upon their CSRs serves no meaningful purpose. Now that SatelliteGuys includes all major Cable MSOs and Verizon Fios, perhaps it would be more appropriate to post subscription to a particular service with a footnote why they ditched their previous Scumbag provider. :rolleyes:

:trolls: just :deadhorse

lol riffjim :)

I'm posting this because I'm leaving Dish Network! But.... yeah.. I'll be back very soon :D

Wait you guys already knew that.

*cautiously exits stage right*

I don't love Dish, but I like it, and think it is the best value for the product that I want. While I can imagine getting fed up with Dish, or any company, I can't imagine sticking around here after I had left. I am here to get mroe information about the things I am paying for. If I stopped subscribing to Dish, what point would there be in staying?

Sapient said:
I don't love Dish, but I like it, and think it is the best value for the product that I want. While I can imagine getting fed up with Dish, or any company, I can't imagine sticking around here after I had left. I am here to get mroe information about the things I am paying for. If I stopped subscribing to Dish, what point would there be in staying?

all the wonderful cable forums. the dtv forum... ahhh and the fios forum.. i think scott has you covered no matter what provider you choose.. not only that its nice to see whats going on every once in a while...

I actually kinda like the people that post they are leaving dish. I try to remember them and start a bet to see how long before I see them again. Now granted cable is getting better these days, But I love my dish, OTA and my voom channels. Now if only dish would like to help me out on that 942 :) Oh and welcome TOMD you are off to fast start here

I've always wondered about people's need to post those messages.

If you look at Dish's (and DirecTV's) churn rate, you'd see that about 5000 people leave Dish each day. Yet so many people seem to feel that their leaving Dish actually means something. So they tell us the sordid details why. And then some of them stay active in these forums, popping in every now and then to remind us of why they left Dish.

Are there other forums where people announce that they've stopped eating at McDonald's, stopped shopping at Target or stopped drinking Coke?

Tom Bombadil said:
I've always wondered about people's need to post those messages.

If you look at Dish's (and DirecTV's) churn rate, you'd see that about 5000 people leave Dish each day. Yet so many people seem to feel that their leaving Dish actually means something. So they tell us the sordid details why. And then some of them stay active in these forums, popping in every now and then to remind us of why they left Dish.

Are there other forums where people announce that they've stopped eating at McDonald's, stopped shopping at Target or stopped drinking Coke?

I would like everyone to know that I watched supersize me about three weeks ago and since then I have not had a McDonalds burger or fries from a McD's since then. I also quit drinking cokes a while back cause it was taking the battery acid off my stomach lining! I am sure this is important information to someone who reads these!!!!!!!!! :D ;) :D

Can we have a DSL forum? Or maybe an SBC DSL forum? We could *cough* say really nice and polite things about them lol.

You think DishNet has CSR roulette down? With Dishnet, you have 1 of the 6 bullets loaded, with SBC all 6 of them are loaded with varying levels of lethal-ness lol.

OK -- This is REALLY Important...

stuart628 said:
I actually kinda like the people that post they are leaving dish. I try to remember them and start a bet to see how long before I see them again. Now granted cable is getting better these days, But I love my dish, OTA and my voom channels. Now if only dish would like to help me out on that 942 :) Oh and welcome TOMD you are off to fast start here

I am leaving Whirlpool and going to LG. Just bought a cool new stainless fridge at Home Depot. Model number: LFRD25850ST.

I don't think it has any more channels than Dish, but it is MUCH cooler:yes

I might leave Dishnet someday... I'm a technician for Dishnet, and the only reason I signed up in the first place is so I have something to retaliate with when they screw me over. "Oh, so you issued a FAKE work order that you are unable to close out and activate? So I'm not getting paid for 3+ hours of hard labor? Well guess what: cancel MY subscription then!"

I know, it makes no sense whatsoever: Pay them money, just so I can stop paying them money. But it sure will feel good if it ever comes to that. :p

I also got it so I can pull a listing of channels with their corresponding satellite/transponder for trouble shooting. I watch TV about an hour a week, mostly on accident.

OoTLink said:
Can we have a DSL forum? Or maybe an SBC DSL forum? We could *cough* say really nice and polite things about them lol.

I also have SBC DSL and have been very, very happy with them too. I've never had an outage and I have been given three re-rates at my request, something most companies would not do once, much less three times.

Seriously bad things happening!!

I got laid off of work do to downsizing. I'm scheduled for a route canal a week from Wedensday. My 942 got fried during a thunderstorm 3 days ago. :( :( :( And to top it all off my dog was diagnosed with cancer. There is still one ray of hope in my life though..... I just saved a load of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO!!!!! Yessss!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)