I am sure this is old news to most here but I got the email about changes?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

neftv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
PA USA
I been away from this forum for a while and I probably missed reading about it so please forgive me if this is a repeat.
But today I just got this email I copied below but basically urgent action required on my part to call Dish to get new equipment to replace my old. I take it it means my VIP 622 is getting replaced. I thought the 622 did the MPEG4 but I guess it doesnt.
So I hope its not to burdoning to let me know what others have done. Should I keep the "old equipment" when replaced, is it going to be any use to me? Let them take it away?
How about my Recorded DVR programs? Is a new eastern arc dish involved?
Well in my setup I am using a SW64 with an older Dish 500 and a former Starband Dish to pointed to 61.5.
So here is a copy of the Email and by the way I never got any snail mail about this happening.

URGENT ACTION REQUIRED
PLEASE READ IMMEDIATELY TO ENSURE YOUR CONTINUED RECEPTION OF ALL HD CHANNELS AVAILABLE IN YOUR DISH NETWORK PACKAGE

Dear ,

We would like to notify you of very important information regarding your DISH Network equipment. We recently sent you a letter to advise you that, due to improvements in our system’s technology, DISH Network may need to replace some of your existing equipment.* With over 200 HD channels available, we want to ensure you continue to enjoy the best DISH Network has to offer!

To ensure your continued reception of all the HD channels available in your DISH Network programming package, please call 1-888-383-3727 today for more information regarding this equipment upgrade and to schedule a convenient installation appointment (if necessary). Please reference the following code when calling: xxxxxx. For best results, call when you are near a TV with DISH Network service.

If you have already responded to the letter we sent you, please disregard this message.

Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer.

Sincerely,

DISH Network

it says MAY need replaced
i got something similar one time
they wanted to upgrade me to a 722 and get a new 2year commitment

Yup HD will be moving off of 61.5 early next year (was supposed to start this month but was pushed back) You will need a new DISH.

Good news is it will be a single dish now instead of two dishes. :D

I look forward to one dish. That will be great. I'll even let them do the install if it free.
No I not going to let them talk me into another 2 year contract in fact by end of year I will have scale back my Dish Spending unless I find a FT job.

Got switched over on tuesday as well. Got a new dish upgraded to hd receiver 222k for upstairs tv's and installed and programed both receivers with the slinglink for online access. Its great to finally get locals in HD.

I just wanted to bring closure to this topic. I finally got the free Dish upgrade this past Saturday and I am looking at 61.5/72/77 now. It's great that now all the Satellites are on one dish. The tech that came was very professional and quick. He told me he don't know when all these upgrades are going to be completed but he had 3 to do last Saturday when he was at my place. He said Dish got every contractor working 7 days a week to get this upgrade project completed. I hoping to see something significant because of this change soon. Thanks to all that replied.

The first moves are now scheduled for Mid January and will be some of the lesser watched premium channels, I believe in the first group is Showtime Beyond, amung others.

I moved from 61.5/110/119 to 110/119/129 about 18 months ago, primarily to receive the new HD locals that had just been lit up for my Johnstown/Altoona DMA on 129. At this time I have 61.5 disconnected but it's ready to be reconnected and activated anytime I lose 129, which due to my location in the woods and the low inclination angle is still possible.

Is there any expectation that I won't be able to continue to use 110/119/129 for the foreseeable future and still receive all my available programming? I never confirmed whether or not my local HD channels are also available on an EA satellite and even tho' I don't watch them all that much I don't want to move to a single-dish EA solution that does not include those locals. Also, I really lucked-out with 61.5. I had a very narrow LoS through the trees, meaning that I might have problems seeing 72.7/77 unless I move my mount, possibly a considerable distance..

HUH?

I got the letter too. Is it true that I will NEED an EASTERN ARC DISH or I wont get HD? this is BAD for me. I cant get an eastern arc dish because of a TREE in the way that will cost TOO MUCH to cut down. If this is the case I guess I will be leavig dish which I really like. I have no choice UNLESS DISH will pay to cut the tree! :)

Well, I called dish and YES it is an eastern ARC dish they need to install.. they started rolling off channels I am going to loose if I dont have one.. Basically its most of my HD channels. I am screwed since I live in a townhouse and there is a tree in the way that will cost me too much money to cut down and the community association doesnt want to bother with it either....

I guess there is no solution to this except to switch to CMOMCAST (there is no FIOS in my area yet and may never be since they need to run cable underground)

I get 61.5, 110 and 119. I have never had a dish on 129 and I have been with Dish for 13 years. Do I need to call them?

I am in the belief that if you have HD channels you should have recieved the notice that I got above and yes you would have to call them. I can't tell you for sure if you don't have HD if you need to do anything.

Letter from Dish

I got the letter today from dish as mentioned above as it pertains to them switching people over to eastern arc.
I self installed a 1000.4 back when they added a couple of HD channels to 72.7 instead of 61.5.
Do I need to respond to this letter or can I just ignore it? What's your thought Scott? There's another reason I don't want to contact them if you know what I mean.

Thanks, Gerry

Well, I called dish and YES it is an eastern ARC dish they need to install.. they started rolling off channels I am going to loose if I dont have one.. Basically its most of my HD channels. I am screwed since I live in a townhouse and there is a tree in the way that will cost me too much money to cut down and the community association doesnt want to bother with it either....

I guess there is no solution to this except to switch to CMOMCAST (there is no FIOS in my area yet and may never be since they need to run cable underground)

The eastern arc dish is points fairly high into the sky. It won't hurt to have them look in to it. Having just one dish is nice.

The eastern arc dish is points fairly high into the sky. It won't hurt to have them look in to it. Having just one dish is nice.

I already had 2 techs out and both told me the tree is in the line of sight for it... any ideas what I can do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)