I called Directv about the HR34.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
I spoke to someone at Directv about the new HR34 HD-DVR.

Looks like it won't be out until early next year. :(

I can't see spending $399 on it. Not when I can get another HD DVR for free.

So now I wonder if I should take advantage of my Free HD DVR upgrade, and just stack them together.

Does anyone know when the new Directivo will be out?

coinmaster32 said:
I can't see spending $399 on it. Not when I can get another HD DVR for free.

So now I wonder if I should take advantage of my Free HD DVR upgrade, and just stack them together.

Does anyone know when the new Directivo will be out?

Directvtivo ?

That's been discussed and said to be out for years now, I would be surprised if we EVER see it.
The HR24 has gone beyond what the Tivo did, so the demnd isn't really there much anymore, except for the Tivo diehards.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I find it funny the use the faceplate from the HR20-23. The HR 24 has been out for 1 year +, think they could of used the new style faceplate, or went with a different faceplate entirely.

I find it funny the use the faceplate from the HR20-23. The HR 24 has been out for 1 year +, think they could of used the new style faceplate, or went with a different faceplate entirely.
they basically used a crappy hr22 for this. tivo is pathetic. they can shove it.

they basically used a crappy hr22 for this. tivo is pathetic. they can shove it.

Indeed. The new HD-UI runs circles around that old SD stretched Tivo UI.

Add MRV and upcoming HR34 5 tuner DVR with PIP and that just adds icing to the cake.

Tivo is going to have a tough time with this one. Can't believe they are even going to charge more for it. Wow.

Speaking of the TIVO, the installer was at a meeting today that discussed the new TIVO.

ONLY customers who have a phone line will be allowed the TIVO.

Speaking of the TIVO, the installer was at a meeting today that discussed the new TIVO.

ONLY customers who have a phone line will be allowed the TIVO.

TiVo isn't doing much to help themselves. With the new HR2xs and the new gui, I don't think I will ever ygo back to TiVo unless their receiver paints my house :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)