i canceled dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kerry

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
pikeville, ky
i canceled dish and am really glad i did. i went to digital cable and i actually get my locals in HD. Plus i bundled my phone and internet and save about 50 - 75 dollars a month. :):D

:rolleyes:

Do you really need to post this crap?

Since you did, I'll let you know my story from 2 years back...

I canceled digital cable, saved about $30 a month, and get a lot more HD than my local cable company offers. I then switched my cell phones, internet, and phone to my phone company and I save approximately $50-$75 each month total from what I was paying the cable company.

i canceled dish and am really glad i did. i went to digital cable and i actually get my locals in HD. Plus i bundled my phone and internet and save about 50 - 75 dollars a month. :):D
Yeh...how long before it doubles?

right now i'm stuck with cable and boy do i hate it! can't wait til I can get my stuff out of storage!!!!!!

no favorites lists
can't modify the guide listing
when i'm in the guide, i have to scroll through the listings. if i try to jump, by typing a number, it changes to that channel!!!
can't disable the automatic shutoff
can't tell which channels i'm subscrided too
only one full featured veiwing spot. only basic channels in bedroom.

all in all, they have a LONG way to go to be even considered in the same league.

I just came back from my dads house in Ohio (which I posted earlier) and he has TWC.....I am so glad I don't have TWC or any cable. The ONLY good thing is the On-Demand service is hot!!! But other than that. . i'll take my dish any day over cable........So much money for so little HD channels. AND....they will go up on you. . soon!! And there Soon means"SOON"....

Glad you made the right choice!

You will be so happy with the superior service from the cable company (of course it depends on which company it is and in what area) You will love the On-Demand stuff as well..

I just came back from my dads house in Ohio (which I posted earlier) and he has TWC.....I am so glad I don't have TWC or any cable. The ONLY good thing is the On-Demand service is hot!!! But other than that. . i'll take my dish any day over cable........So much money for so little HD channels. AND....they will go up on you. . soon!! And there Soon means"SOON"....

Cable has yearly rate increases. So does Dish, Direct Fios etc.. (Ok so Fios has raised rates three times in the last year but thats not typical of the industry)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)