I cannot get new HD without converting to all HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

megawayne

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2007
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This guy is full of it.

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you. In order to ensure we are providing you with the highest level of customer satisfaction, this conversation will be recorded.
Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me a moment to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: I’m very sorry to hear that you are having an issue. I’d be happy to resolve that for you.
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: For account security purposes, can you please verify the full name and the last 4 of your SSN on the account?
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: Are you still there?
Johnson: hello
Johnson: are you on?
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: For account security purposes, can you please verify the full name and the last 4 of your SSN on the account?
Johnson: XXXX XXXX
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: thank you
Currently experiencing network delays, one moment please....
Network connection re-established.
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: the reason you didn't get these channels, is because they are available on different satellite locations than you have
Johnson: What do I need to do?
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: you would have to upgrade your receivers and have your dish pointed at a different location
Johnson: the vip622 cannot get 129
Johnson: they attempted a setup when I bought it
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: ok, then you wouldn't be able to get them then
Johnson: why?
Johnson: They told me there used to be a weak signal
Johnson: but its been 5 yrs ago
Johnson: they replaced the satellite since then didnt they
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: there's a weak signal because you don't have a good line of sight to that location
Johnson: I am pretty sure I have a good line of sight for it
Johnson: 119 and 110 are toward an open field
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: if it was good when it was installed, it wont be good now
Johnson: thats 10 degrees over correct?
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: im not sure
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: if it was good when it was installed, it wont be good now
Johnson: 129-119=10
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: ok
Johnson: the 622 is more than capable
Johnson: Are my locals available on 129?
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: it has nothing to do with that receiver
Johnson: right
Johnson: you said I had to upgrade my receiver
Johnson: see directly after what do I need to do
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: the non hd receivers
Johnson: I know they will not pick it up
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: and no your local channels don't come on 129
Johnson: can I get 129 and 61.5
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: you have to have all hd boxes in order to get the locations that you need
Johnson: why
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: because they don't support non hd boxes
Johnson: they can still run on 110 and 119 correct?
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: correct, but those channels don't come on those locations, that's what im trying to tell you
Johnson: I know
Johnson: the non HD receivers will never get them
Johnson: I understand that
Johnson: but can I have 110, 119, 61.5 and 129 all on my 622
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: no, you need what we call the eastern arc install, and eastern arc does not support non hd receivers
Johnson: what locations do they cover
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: 77, 72.5
Johnson: I prefer to keep what I have and add 129
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: you cant, that wont get you what you need
Johnson: I know people whom run all 4 locations
Johnson: how do they do it?
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: they have a good line of sight to all 4 locations, you don't
Johnson: Did I mention that 129 is towards and open field
Johnson: I have a poor line of sight towards 61.5
Johnson: thus hitting 72 area
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: yes, and you also said that the tech didn't get a good signal to it, that is why you have 61.5
Johnson: I got a signal but it wasnt great
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: exactly
Johnson: Plus my locals were on 61.5
Johnson: so they moved it
Johnson: same signal on 61.5
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Johnson: How can I add 129?
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: you cant, you don't have a good line of sight to it
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: plus those hd channel come in on 77
Johnson: The trees have been cleared that would have caused any issues
Johnson: What now?
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: you can get it unless you upgrade your receivers to all hd
Johnson: Yes
Johnson: I would like a 129
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: you cant get it sorry
Johnson: The dish can be moved 10 feet for perfect signal
Johnson: I need to speak with your supervisor
Johnson: Well?
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: hold please
Johnson: The installers used a previous Directv install
Johnson: When can I speak to him
Johnson: or her
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: he is not available at the moment, you would need to call in if You wish to speak with a supervisor
Johnson: Please have this chat session emailed to me
Johnson: Since I cannot have 129
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: sorry, i don't have email
Johnson: I would like a personal record of this
Johnson: I have always had the chat sessions emailed
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: i don't have email capability
Johnson: Are you the only one?
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: at this time yes
Johnson: You realize I have a Dish 1000.2
Johnson: Why cant I just move the LNB?
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: you can try, but it will mess up your programming
Johnson: What number can I contact your supervisor and what is your employee ID
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: you can call 18003333474 for a supervisor
Johnson: Employee ID?
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: ywr
Johnson: ywr is employee ID?
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: yes
Johnson: Thats it
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: Since you have indicated that there is nothing more that I can assist you with, I will now be ending this chat session. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day!
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.
[/FONT]
spacer.gif

I don't understand the reason for this topic. It appears that you don't understand what rep. from dish was telling you.

Was this your attempt at humor?

129 is wide open. I am not getting sold something that I do not want. Cant you run 4 satellites? The simple fact is the guy has no clue what I have.

I understand clearly what he was saying. Maybe you would just fold and sign up for the all HD, but I am not wasting my money. I want the 129 installed.

I don't know why these topics on "I cannot get the new HD channels" keep getting started. There is nothing the members on Satelliteguys.us can do. Call DN not Satelliteguys.us. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I don't know why these topics on "I cannot get the new HD channels" keep getting started. There is nothing the members on Satelliteguys.us can do. Call DN not Satelliteguys.us. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

This is to pass along not to get suckered into something you dont want.

I was told my only options by a supervisor on the phone was:

1. Live without any new HD.
2. Switch to Eastern Arc, and upgrade all my receivers to HD.

I was also told that the MPEG2 receivers will not work at all with 129 signal incoming to me. They cannot handle it. I said can I just use the 129 and 61.5 for the VIP receiver and keep the other receivers, and he said it don't work that way.

Looks like I will be shopping around again.

I was told my only options by a supervisor on the phone was:

1. Live without any new HD.
2. Switch to Eastern Arc, and upgrade all my receivers to HD.

I was also told that the MPEG2 receivers will not work at all with 129 signal incoming to me. They cannot handle it. I said can I just use the 129 and 61.5 for the VIP receiver and keep the other receivers, and he said it don't work that way.

Looks like I will be shopping around again.

I don't see how the 129 signal is relevant to your MPEG2 receivers. You are only wanting that satellite for the HD on it which is only in MPEG4... The HD receivers should work just fine with 129 and the older receivers should see nothing. What is the problem? They are just trying to milk people for money. This all sounds premeditated to me.

I don't see how the 129 signal is relevant to your MPEG2 receivers. You are only wanting that satellite for the HD on it which is only in MPEG4... The HD receivers should work just fine with 129 and the older receivers should see nothing. What is the problem? They are just trying to milk people for money. This all sounds premeditated to me.

Thank you. This is what I said in the beginning. I was trying to pass along, and get jumped first thing. I can't win today. It sound like a money grab. Funny thing is, my MPEG2 receivers are mine, and the ones they are trying to sell me are leases.

For 5 sats you use the DPP44, then each output u want to use on the switch goes into a DP21, and the fifth sat goes into the sat 2 on the DP21. Then the output of the DP21 goes to ur receiver. You need a DP21 for each TUNER you want to use. For me, I have to use 2 DP21's and 2 outputs on my DPP44 as a DPP Separator will not work with this setup.

Philip M is the same guy I had an awful experience with the other night. I wasn't going to do this, but here's the transcript:

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you. In order to ensure we are providing you with the highest level of customer satisfaction, this conversation will be recorded.
Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me a moment to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: I’m very sorry to hear that you are having an issue. I’d be happy to resolve that for you.
XXXX: OK.
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: How can I provide you with the best value and service today?
XXXX: I cannot receive the new HD channels you added today, as my setup sees 110, 119, and 61.5
XXXX: How can this situation be remedied?
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: you cant, unless you upgrade your non hd receivers
XXXX: That would not be at a significant cost to me, right?
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: no
XXXX: Then you're telling me that because of the setup that you gave me, I cannot receive the channels that I am paying for?
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: we gave you the best setup for your area at the time
XXXX: That's irrelevant. You gave me a set up that does not support the channels that I am paying for. Thus, I should be entitled to receive these channels for no additional charge.
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: you choose which receivers you wanted to have at the time, and because of those receiver you would have to upgrade
XXXX: That's not true.
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: we don't give out random receivers
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: you choose the type of receivers you want
XXXX: I chose to receive programming for one HDTV and four SDTV's. This was under the presumption that I would be able to receive all programming that I am paying for.
XXXX: I'm not asking for a random receiver.
XXXX: I am asking to receive the programming that I am paying for.
XXXX: I was not the one that chose to put the new channels on satellites that many customers do not currently see.
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: ok there for you choose which receivers you wanted, and because of the hd receivers you are not able to get the location that you need, because it is for hd only
XXXX: Can I speak to a supervisor?
XXXX: OK, thank you.
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: your welcome
XXXX: Hello?
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: my supervisor gave me permission to have you upgraded for free, however you will have to pay for the technician visit
XXXX: I would like to speak to the supervisor directly please.
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: im getting him

He did then transfer me to a supervisor, who was a bit better but was still of no help, wanted me to sign a 24 month contract.

Last edited:
Philip M is the same guy I had an awful experience with the other night. I wasn't going to do this, but here's the transcript:

XXXX: OK.
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: How can I provide you with the best value and service today?
XXXX: I cannot receive the new HD channels you added today, as my setup sees 110, 119, and 61.5
XXXX: How can this situation be remedied?
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: you cant, unless you upgrade your non hd receivers
XXXX: That would not be at a significant cost to me, right?
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: no
XXXX: Then you're telling me that because of the setup that you gave me, I cannot receive the channels that I am paying for?
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: we gave you the best setup for your area at the time
XXXX: That's irrelevant. You gave me a set up that does not support the channels that I am paying for. Thus, I should be entitled to receive these channels for no additional charge.
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: you choose which receivers you wanted to have at the time, and because of those receiver you would have to upgrade
XXXX: That's not true.
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: we don't give out random receivers
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: you choose the type of receivers you want
XXXX: I chose to receive programming for one HDTV and four SDTV's. This was under the presumption that I would be able to receive all programming that I am paying for.
XXXX: I'm not asking for a random receiver.
XXXX: I am asking to receive the programming that I am paying for.
XXXX: I was not the one that chose to put the new channels on satellites that many customers do not currently see.
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: ok there for you choose which receivers you wanted, and because of the hd receivers you are not able to get the location that you need, because it is for hd only
XXXX: Can I speak to a supervisor?
XXXX: OK, thank you.
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: your welcome
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: my supervisor gave me permission to have you upgraded for free, however you will have to pay for the technician visit
XXXX: I would like to speak to the supervisor directly please.
(04-03rf) Phillip M. YWR: im getting him

He did then transfer me to a supervisor, who was a bit better but was still of no help, wanted me to sign a 24 month contract.

I always get a copy of the transcript emailed to me. He wouldnt even do that. I really dont care if he likes it or not. Thanks for posting.

And doesn't a dpp44 switch have a built in dish pro adapter? Wouldn't that let the mpeg2 receivers work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts