I cannot get new HD without converting to all HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Because there's no way I'm signing another commitment with this company right now. Honestly, I do not trust their business practices and will not commit to them for another 24 months.

I did it without a problem about 20 months ago and that contract is about to expire. Back then I had no problem doing it. Right now I won't even consider it.

There is no problem with MPEG2 SD channels on 129.

You do not have to have all MPEG4 receivers for Western arc (D1000.2) because the SD channels are nearly all on 110 and 119 and are MPEG2.

There are a couple of SD MPEG2 public interest channels on 129.

Is this because Dish is "unofficially" trying to get all new installs or upgrades to use ViP as at some point down the road (looming closer) Dish will go all MPEG4 and Dish doesn't want to have to change-out all those old MPEG2's for no charge, so they pressure people into the commitment. I know that the WA well be going all 8PSK for SD soon, before the MPEG4 swap-out. I'm suggesting the are laying the foundation now aimed at having customers carry the cost--even in the form of a commitment--to decrease their costs of having to do a free swap-out down the line that may be sooner rather than much later.

I think that DISH should of been pro-active and started upgrading at least the eastern arc hd subs to the new 1000.4 sat dish and mpeg 4 receivers, BEFORE they launched the new hd channels off of 72.7. Then they should start upgrading all the western arc subs to all mpeg 4 receivers. This would pay off in the end because they could start converting all the western arc to mpeg 4 ,which means more bandwith and more hd channels could be added.

I think that DISH should of been pro-active and started upgrading at least the eastern arc hd subs to the new 1000.4 sat dish and mpeg 4 receivers, BEFORE they launched the new hd channels off of 72.7. Then they should start upgrading all the western arc subs to all mpeg 4 receivers. This would pay off in the end because they could start converting all the western arc to mpeg 4 ,which means more bandwith and more hd channels could be added.

True, but Dish really wants the customer to pay for this. This means Dish will do all they can to promote upgrades or perhaps steer people toward future-proof STB's because when the technology change comes, Dish will have to swap-out STB's for FREE, and they want that number to be as low as possible. Kind of like what they did when the Dish 500 came out because there were some situations when they had to upgrade some people to Dish 500 for FREE (when a few channels were moved from 119 to 110) because those people had not done any upgrades.

I always get a copy of the transcript emailed to me. He wouldnt even do that. I really dont care if he likes it or not. Thanks for posting.

If you click the print button (Lower right of chat screen??)you will be also given the option of having a copy of the transcript e-mailed to you. YOu don't need to ask them to do it. I print a copy plus e-mail it to my self.

Ross

So they were willing to give you new HD receivers for free (except install) in exchange for a 24 commitment and this is a problem because???

Personally it is a matter of principal. To receive the channels that you pay for the provider should supply the equipment necessary end of story. It is not my fault that Dish made the decision to use a satellite that I am not set up for. In my opinion they should bear the cost of upgrading subs that cannot receive what they are paying for. If your cable provider upgraded their system and it required all the subs to have new boxes you certainly wouldn't be paying for the new box, the service call to bring it to you, and the time to unhook the old one and put in the new one. So why should Dish subs pay to upgrade equipment to receive what they are already paying for?
Oh by the way I wonder how many folks don't even know they are missing out on 9 new channels. Dish hasn't sent me a mailing, I don't watch the charlie chat, or tech talk so if it was mentioned there I missed it. If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't even know about it and what my options might be.
iI I choose to do anything about this I will go through my local retailer as I know he will do a profesional job of installing, give me the best setup for my location and not cause me to have to ask the same question several times to get an answer. If I have to pay for this non upgrade up grade I would rather the money go in his pocket as opposed to a ramdom installer. I know I don't wnat EA as I don't need an HD box for the second receiver, and the 61.5 dish catches all the snow so it always goes out during a storm (first to go when rain comes too), we only loose the 110/119 during extreme bad weather.

Ross

I am not paying for any upgrades or installs. This is like Mcdonalds charging you for the table you sit to eat their awful food.

Johnson: "You realize I have a Dish 1000.2"

Are stating that you need a 1000.2 or that you already have one? :confused:

If you already have a 1000.2 LNB that is all you need 110, 119, and 129 all come from it.

However, it sounds like your configuration may consist of 110, 119, and 61.5. Depending on your locals you may be able to re-point that dish to 129 or have a tech come out and do it for you. Some locals come from both eastern and western arc now.

They gave up on the 129 before I cleared some trees. They removed the LNB and put up a 61.5 wing. I am capable of moving myself. Would they allow it.

Well I am on 129 now. Magically, the people at Dish didn't listen when I mentioned clearing some trees. I lost my locals in HD (Chattanooga) but I have a external antenna hooked up to the box anyways for the locals in HD. The other receivers in SD can get them from 110 or 119. Do I need to mention to them or just ride as is?

Personally it is a matter of principal. To receive the channels that you pay for the provider should supply the equipment necessary end of story. It is not my fault that Dish made the decision to use a satellite that I am not set up for. In my opinion they should bear the cost of upgrading subs that cannot receive what they are paying for. If your cable provider upgraded their system and it required all the subs to have new boxes you certainly wouldn't be paying for the new box, the service call to bring it to you, and the time to unhook the old one and put in the new one. So why should Dish subs pay to upgrade equipment to receive what they are already paying for?
Oh by the way I wonder how many folks don't even know they are missing out on 9 new channels. Dish hasn't sent me a mailing, I don't watch the charlie chat, or tech talk so if it was mentioned there I missed it. If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't even know about it and what my options might be.
iI I choose to do anything about this I will go through my local retailer as I know he will do a profesional job of installing, give me the best setup for my location and not cause me to have to ask the same question several times to get an answer. If I have to pay for this non upgrade up grade I would rather the money go in his pocket as opposed to a ramdom installer. I know I don't wnat EA as I don't need an HD box for the second receiver, and the 61.5 dish catches all the snow so it always goes out during a storm (first to go when rain comes too), we only loose the 110/119 during extreme bad weather.

Ross

AMEN!.EXCELLENT POST.+1.:):eureka

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)