Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
Well , I did it.
Yep Signed up for Directv for 24 months.
D* caved and Gave me the HD DVR and the HD receiver upgrade for free.

E* wanted to lease me another 722, But I'm not paying $17 per month extra for it. Thats was E* best offer.

Saturday is the big install, and MAY BETTER BRING ON THE HD.:)
HR 24 mot available in my area, Looks like HR 23 is though, and H23 sould be the setup.

MRV CSR insisted wasn't available yet??????? OH well I have 2 SD DVRs that will work just fine.
I'm not going with Single wire, Because of my Tivo DVR

Well , I did it.

E* wanted to lease me another 722, But I'm not paying $17 per month extra for it. Thats was E* best offer.

Saturday is the big install, and MAY BETTER BRING ON THE HD.:)
HR 24 mot available in my area, Looks like HR 23 is though, and H23 sould be the setup.

MRV CSR insisted wasn't available yet??????? OH well I have 2 SD DVRs that will work just fine.
I'm not going with Single wire, Because of my Tivo DVR

Gee HEMI,
This is quite a surprise seeing you constantly complain about D* :confused:

Enjoy...those hefty receiver fees make D* a more viable option - and their HD quality was much better the last time I looked. Hey, don't you have FiOS in your area? Most FiOS customer here will agree that FiOS spanks both D* and E* - hands down.

I have dish and the first DVR does not cost extra other than the DVR fee of 6 dollars. Beyond the first it does cost extra however. I have the 722 dual on lease it was free with a 2 year contract. What's nice with the 722 you can record two HD channels at once. Save all your recording on a external 1T USB drive and watch directly from the external.

Tomorrow I'll have direct also and going with a two year contract for the baseball in HD. I'll drop the Dish in 4 months when my contract expires. Hopefully by then direct will have a lot more in HD's other than the sports that I love. (Mavtv, E, Fashion, Travel, WFN, Indie, SMC, Tru, HalMark movie, are a few I hope they get).

Last edited:
Enjoy...those hefty receiver fees make D* a more viable option - and their HD quality was much better the last time I looked. Hey, don't you have FiOS in your area? Most FiOS customer here will agree that FiOS spanks both D* and E* - hands down.
Fios is all around my area, But it never made it to Northeastern PA.
Southeastern Pa, Northern New Jersey has Fios.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Hemi has change providers more than most people change underwear. :p
Only diffence this time, Is I'm most likly dropping E* all together from both my accounts May 25 th.
Love the Equipment with E*, But don't like the fact I have to pay $23 in fees per month.
Plus D* has YES Network,and they just gave me MLB EI free for the year, along with ,Showtime and Starz free for 3 months.
E* would only give me a Piece of equipment , I don't need with a $17 per month fee on top of that.

Jimbo, Yes I give D* alot of ,Crap and they deserve it 90% of the time.
But its mostly their Equipment, and their movie options.
but I have a couple sources they claim all that will change in the next few months, Well maybe not the equipment.:p

I have dish and the first DVR does not cost extra other than the DVR fee of 6 dollars. Beyond the first it does cost extra however. I have the 722 dual on lease it was free with a 2 year contract. What's nice with the 722 you can record two HD channels at once. Save all your recording on a external 1T USB drive and watch directly from the external.

).
Whats Nice about the Hr 23 is it records 100 hours of HD, About 40% more then E* 722.
And I can have 3 of these and it will only cost me $17 per month, If I want 3 Crappy Vip 612, That will cost me $26 in fees. No thanks.
Plus I have another $5 increase coming in 3 months from that Phone line credit.

Well , I did it.

I get so tired of people saying that they got free HD-DVRs....yeah right, like they just give them away:rolleyes::D

Scott, MRV isn't "officially" available, but can't he still do the Beta? I know I am still using it. Works great.

Welcome Hemi. I agree the equipment is not as fast as E*'s, but once you get use to it, you will like it. I have had both and there are a lot more things that D*'s DVR's do better that makes up for the speed. I think they are a lot easier to program.

Not really, the new national offer that has been coming in the Sunday inserts for at least a month, is for 1 HD DVR & 1 HD receiver - so you got the same thing everyone else gets... :D

Not really, the new national offer that has been coming in the Sunday inserts for at least a month, is for 1 HD DVR & 1 HD receiver - so you got the same thing everyone else gets... :D

That's correct. Directv is now giving 1 HD DVR & 1 HD receiver free for new customers. That is a better deal, too bad I just got locked for another 24 months with Dish. :(

Switched also due to fees

I also switched back from Dish. I had 2 722's and i owned a 612 and 622 I wasnt going to pay 50.00 in total fees for the receivers and DVR. I was told i could lower my package my reply was so i can pay as much for equipment as for the package? I do think HD quality is better on DTV. There were good things about Dish but there is no way I was going to pay 50.00 when same set up with DTV costs me 21.00. There was no advatange to owning my equiment so if anyone wants a 612 or 622 I have them both.
I wont bash dish on the fees each company can charge what they want. But as a customer I have a choice on where to spend my money.

I get so tired of people saying that they got free HD-DVRs....yeah right, like they just give them away:rolleyes::D
This is the first Time I've Ever gotton a Free HD DVR from D*.
I had to use the line , Well Dish will give me 3 rooms of HD DVR for free. Which they would have If I signed for another 722.

MVR is not is not in Hemi area as far as the test markets that are getting the deca equipment for mrv. But all HDDVR have the public mrv software .
Thats what I thought, So its no big deal right now, Next year if all goes well, I'll try and get a HR 24. And just replace the H23.
Like I said I have 2 SD DVRs, and now and H23 and HR 23, So Thats more then enough equipment that will make me happy.
Best part, The free MLB EI and Free Premiums.

I only really Need 4 rooms of service, so I'll use the H23 and the Tivo SD DVR in my bedroom. And the R16 in my oldest daughters room, The D12 in the Youngests room, and the Hr-23 in the living room.

I've been slowly dropping my E* service.
Last Night I dropped the Locals and the Protection plan .
Now I have Top 200 with HD.

Saturday, I'll drop down to Top 120 only and deactivate the 622, and then wait untill the 25th of May, and then I'm done with E*.
Maybe in 2012 I'll give them a shot again. The Fee's and No notice of certain actions signed the final note for me right now.
The Espn Classic moving to Multi sports pack was the final straw.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts