I did it !!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gremlin411

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2008
South East Texas
Hey guys thanks a ton I finely got a lock on 123w. after reading ( and finely understanding ) that my offset had to have the offset subtracted from the elevation it was pretty easy. only six or seven trips back into house to check for S/Q. forgot to change to 11800 for setup but got 11720 to 88% Q it is better on 11800. scaned and got 38 channels. How do I listen to retrojams.
I am using coolsat 5000.

man this is cool stuff here !!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 100_2586.jpg
    100_2586.jpg
    764 KB · Views: 233
Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!
I think RetroJam's sound is AC3 only, you will need an Optical Cable and Surround Sound Receiver or the "Headphone" work around. Somebody else can clearify the Headphone thing.

Congrats!
I think RetroJam's sound is AC3 only, you will need an Optical Cable and Surround Sound Receiver or the "Headphone" work around. Somebody else can clearify the Headphone thing.

This thread goes into the Sonic Voom headphone solution for getting your AC-3 audio on RetroJams:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/845259-post41.html

Search eBay for "sonic voom" and you'll find some auctions.

as for the audio on retro jams, it depends on what software version is in it

go to the channel and hit info and see what the audio pid is. If it shows 102 then you're OK..all you need is an optical cable

If it shows something like 65535 then we have some work to do. The original software (there are 2 versions) says the 2nd one

Gremlin:
Your dish appears to be the primestar 40x43 with offset feed with R11 coax! I have that dish and having trouble finding flange mount lnb as replacement. It looks as you used a direct (flangeless type 40MM lnb. Would you share what lnb type you are using , and success ?
Thanks

There are no marking on the back of the dish but I will take picture and post it. now I have not cleaned it up so don't be mad.
scopx
the lnb I got from Sadoun I will find it and leave link here. it is larger than 40mm. It is the same lnb that came on the dish when I found it.
The dish measures 48 wide X 52 tall.

Tele-Comm T-1500 Standard Linear Offset LNBF LNB

using this lnb I got 97% signal and as much as 91% quality. when I started to skew the lnb man numbers jump up a bunch

Last edited:
yes it is. I got lucky and got both dish for free from industrial site's. they were doing demo work and took both down and did not damage them. Just stoped in one day and asked and they said sure you can have it and I loaded it in a flash and left.

I have a 1.8 meter Prodelin pegged...it's on top of the old Ford dealership in town. It's mine if I go up there and take it down. I'm considering putting it on an old polar mount and making it into a steerable KU dish. If I don't do that I will make a multifeed and use it for G16 & AMC1.

thats the cable but you need a receiver to decode it

do a search on "sonic voom"...its a headset that does Ac-3 but people have retrofitted it to work with the a/v cables instead of headphones

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)