I do not get locals in HD. So am I elegbile to get Distant Network Service in HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

john262

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2005
I just had HD equipment installed here in Elko, Nevada and to my surprise I found out that my local channels from Sal Lake City are not in HD. The installer said that the HD spot beam for the SLC locals does not reach here. If I lived closer to Salt Lake City I could get the locals in HD, but not here in Elko.

So my question is, since I cannot get my locals in HD am I eligible to get the Distant Network Service in HD? To me it would seem only fair that I could get HD from the Distant Network Service since I cannot get the Salt lake City channels in HD.

Thank you for your help.

Sorry for the typo, I meant eligible not elegible.

Last edited:
well couple things

Check 103s TP21. Thats where SLC HD is located
Checking the distants site and plugging in Elko PO as the address it says "Distant Network Service programming is not available because DIRECTV offers local channels to this location." so I dont think you can get them

an option would be to "move" to the Reno/Carson City DMA. They are on 99s TP24

I just had HD equipment installed here in Elko, Nevada and to my surprise I found out that my local channels from Sal Lake City are not in HD. The installer said that the HD spot beam for the SLC locals does not reach here. If I lived closer to Salt Lake City I could get the locals in HD, but not here in Elko.

So my question is, since I cannot get my locals in HD am I eligible to get the Distant Network Service in HD? To me it would seem only fair that I could get HD from the Distant Network Service since I cannot get the Salt lake City channels in HD.

Thank you for your help.

Sorry for the typo, I meant eligible not elegible.

I live in Ely and it's the same problem here. The problem is the size of the DMA. It covers all of Utah and parts of ID, WY, and NV. Dish Network does do HD in the area because they have SLC on nationwide coverage.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)