I don't understand why so many people rag on Voom

andrzej said:
Obviously, some people are more inclined to "bitch" some are less. While I am happy with my Voom experience I am sure that many in exactly the same situation would find reasons to complain. Complaining is easy. I prefer to stay positive and, so far (~50 years), it's been working for me. :)

Same here and I am 'positive' our lives are much happier too.

I've been with Voom since day 1 (installed 10/22/03), and I am not pissed off. Sure there's still some room for improvement here and there, but overall everything works quite well for me. Voom has accomplished a lot in less than a year (1) put up a new satellite; (2) brought a complete new uplink center online; (3) provide facilities and programming for their own 21 HD channels. I think the naysayers should cut them some slack whenever something turns out not to be 100% perfect.

I agree GIve Voom credit

I agree there is too much negative energy. Everytime i watch a movie on Starz in HD 10801 and dolby 5.1, it is the most amazing experience. I thank voom for being a leading edge innovator. I have been with them four months and it has truly made TV watching a gasping experience on my Diamond Mitsubishi. The fact that they have most of the premium movie channels in HD is an astoniishing feat for a small company like vcom. Imagine Dish with their billions in the kitty only offer a handful of channels. My Dish 6000 doesn't even have a DVI or firewire port. Look at the debacle with the 921 Dish PVR, and i have been a Dish subscriber for 4 years plus. Give Voom a chance. Look at the American Revolution, how much bloodshed and how many lives lost, but in the end we got our freedom. We enjoy the fruits of the sacrifice today. We are to used to immediate gratification is this society, now now now. We have to be patient and let this flower blossom.. If Voom goes bankrupt what are we left with, 5 channels on dish network Whoopie Who. It is easy to criticize but hard to create something.

I agree! VOOM rocks!

Sure they have problem, but at least they don't sue their customers like D* does. You talk about VOOM lying? E* lied to me for 6 months straight, and then tried to come clean and pretend like everything is okay when I called to cancel!

VOOM has problems, yes. I honestly feel like they're trying their hardest to fix them. If they can get that accomplished, I'm sure they will blow everybody else away.

I know Wilt is busy, but at least he has time to try and help customers. He's even answered my emails on a Sunday before. That dedication shows how much a lot of VOOM employees care about making the company even better.

r.jones1116,

Just to clear things up, when you change channels the signal does not go out to the satellite and back. The rcvr just switches frequencies.

The delay in changing channels is due to the building of the picture from an MPG stream among other things.

In my opinion the reason people complain so much about Voom is for a few reasons. One you have to look at the fact that a person is more likely to take the time to complain than they are to say something positive. Two it is just plain and simple everyone keep saying that "Voom is new and they are going thru growing pains" Simple fact is that is accurate and inaccurate at the same time. Yes they are new, but they have an advantage over E* D* and "cable companies" they can look at the mistakes their competitors have made and plan to avoid the same mistakes. Question is are they doing that? Three and the most important is that the CSR's are not really Customer Service Rep's - They are Customer Sales Rep's. I say this because they are not given enough information to please or help an existing customer, They do not have enough authority to help or please a existing customer. And the worst thing is most simple things like credits, or other problem "basically everything" needs to be escalated. If I am on the phone with a problem I want to have it fixed on the spot not hear this will be escalated. So if a person heres that I believe that the are going to the first place that they can go and vent.

Now I do have to say that Wilt is doing allot of work to keep us happy out here and I Thank him. I also have to Thank Peter at Voom for the work he is doing to try to straighten out the mapping issues some of us are having. Voom needs to have more people on the phones with the authority to help people and not to put all this pressure on only a couple of people. I am sure Wilt and Peter and others involved do have some more important issues that they need to work on than doing the work of a CSR.

If Wilt and Peter would spend a little more time informing their customers, I'm sure there would be a lot less complaints and certainly less calls and e-mail for them to address. VOOM has a web site and access to this Forum...they should make better use of these valuable resources!

This is also a Leadership Issue. The leaders at VOOM need to keep their subordinates properly trained, motivated and informed in order to provide excellent service to its customers. This is not happening at many levels (Installs Inc. being one of them) and we, the valued customer, sense this and are more apt to fly into a tirade.

I love Voom service and I can tolerate the bugs, glitches and growing pains. However, I can not stand to be treated like a mushroom. Voom gets an F in customer relations!

Poor Customer Relations = Hostile Customer Retaliations.

riffjim4069 said:
If Wilt and Peter would spend a little more time informing their customers, I'm sure there would be a lot less complaints and certainly less calls and e-mail for them to address.
I love Voom service and I can tolerate the bugs, glitches and growing pains. However, I can not stand to be treated like a mushroom. Voom gets an F in customer relations!

Poor Customer Relations = Hostile Customer Retaliations.

Riffjim
This is fairly close to my point. I only have a few changes in this comment. In my opinion Wilt and Peter should not have to be the seemingly only ones with the authority to resolve issues. The CSR's should have more authority in immediately helping a customer while on the phone. Almost nothing should need to be "escalated" If a customer is on the phone now you do not want to hang up the phone without insuring that the customer is as satisfied as possible before you hang up. Looking at the posts how many people cancel because they could not get there issue fixed right away? Just to add the term "escalated" is carrying less weight every time it is used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)