I Finally Did it!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well I really did do it! I had Direct installed today and cancelled Dish. I would have done it sooner but I was under contract until this February. Losing MSG last October did it for me. When I called Dish to cancel they tried to offer me incentives to stay but I told them the one thing I wanted (MSG) they could not offer me. Now to learn the Direct system of doing things.

I did the switch over the weekend.....the installer took down the old Dish Net dish, put up a new pole over the old Dish pole, and put the new dish up. Had whole-room DVR setup on my account with two rooms. I am more than impressed with picture quality....much more clarity on HD than Dish's picture quality, and with SD too.

Dish however, is wanting to stick it to me and pay them $15 to return their equipment.....in argument with them over that.

Dish however, is wanting to stick it to me and pay them $15 to return their equipment.....in argument with them over that.

Good luck with that. That's something they added last year and they probably won't waive that fee. :(

When I cancelled Dish told me that if I used their labels to return their equipment, there would be a $15 charge. If you send them back and pay the shipping yourself there is no additional charge to return their equipment. It is much easier to cancel cable. When I cancelled cable a long time ago I just brought the boxes to their drop off location.

If you send them back and pay the shipping yourself there is no additional charge to return their equipment
yeah there is. You are paying to ship Dish's receivers back.

Its 6 or 1/2 dozen. Either you pay "now" to ship it or you pay "later" when Dish bills you

You are right.........the customer pays to send the equipment back. He will either be billed by Dish $15.00 for using their shipping account or pay UPS to send them to Dish. I havn't sent my equipment back yet so I don't know which way will be cheaper.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)