I finally heard back from emailing Dish CEO

Patchen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
I had a problem with an installer last week, and someone mentioned I should email the DISH ceo. Well I did, and it's taken a week to get a response but here it is.

"I have been in contact with the VP of Operations, Victoria, at Intertech and forwarded her your original E-mail. She is following up with her employees in regards to how your service call was handled. At this time, Intertech is the regional service provider for DISH Network in your area and I do not have another company that I can send out to your home. Both DISH Network and Intertech strive to provide world class customer service. If you would, please allow me to coordinate another service call with Victoria to have one of her lead technicians return to your home and correct the problem. "

If you're interested in my response, holler and I'll paste that as a response.

Thanks for all the help guys!

My response

Let me start this by saying, I haven't heard anything since last saturday. I emailed the CEO last night out of frustration again, and amazingly enough. I have a response in my email today.

Jennifer,

Apparently I didn't make myself clear enough. I'll try again.

This is not the first time I've had issues with Intertech it will be the last.

1. The first would have been on my original install when the tech drove mounting bolts all the way through my brand new roof plywood, causing a leak. I didn't complain, I accepted responsibility when I signed the paperwork for them to do the work and fixed the problem.
2. When I tried to upgrade to the super dish, the first Intertech installer pulled into my driveway, climbed out of his van and said. "Can't put a super dish up there, you'll never get a signal. I can't do this install."
3. Second Intertech installer comes for super dish, different guy same response.
4. Third Intertech installer comes, actually gets on the roof, and amazingly enough. We have super dish.
5. Rewind back to last week, with Mr. Intertech, and his Well, we'll have to charge you, and dish will too. And let's not forget, well you should have called us, then I could have had the part order. And everyone's favorite, hey I'll have to reschedule for next week, but you probably won't have dish by then.
6. And last but definitely not least, Intertech's famous call to me last Saturday, telling me I'm not allowed to call Dish for service calls. I have to call them. WELL THE LAST TIME I FRICKEN CHECKED, I DON'T PAY INTERTECH 94.00 FREAKIN' DOLLARS A MONTH. AND OBVIOUSLY DISH DOESN'T GIVE A DAMN THAT I DO EITHER.

So to be perfectly honest, I really don't care if Victoria herself offered to come out and fix the problem. I will not allow Intertech to address any other issues I'm having any time in the future.

I guess what's going to happen here, you can take your world class customer service and Intertech, and stuff it somewhere. Because, unless you find another installer who will drive in from Erie, or up from Meadville, or the surrounding area. I'm simply going to use my dish until it stops working, and then cancel it, since you obviously don't care about my concerns. Then I'll switch to another provider, and you can stuff your early termination fees the same place you put your world class customer service.

Have a nice day,

And what amazes me, I really do like Dish. Just not your installer, and you expect me to compromise when you won't.

Okay, I doubt that you will get any response from that email to the ceo@echostar.com . I suggest that you try Directv . They even have a bigger dish with upto 5 lnbs to coordinate. Also 2 lines to every dvr . Imagine the fun of that install.

Honestly

The thing is I work in customer service. And if we have an account that spends the kind of money I do with Dish. We would cater to make sure they're happy.

The only upgrade I can do from here is go to the everything package...I spend over 1000 dollars a year with dish. If they don't want to make me happy, then there's just something wrong with their "world" class customer service as she's called it.

I know I seem unreasonable, but after five times, I'm done working with Intertech. I've said something to Dish after each time, and they've told me they're all noted in my account. So, it's not like any of this should be a surprise.

If they don't want to keep me, I'll gladly switch to directv, maybe they'll appreciate my money a little more.

The third tech that put up your superdish probably did something he shouldnt wich is to put a superdish on a roof over a living quarters, when dish told us that roof mounts were no longer allowed we ( I atleast ) followed orders and put all but 5 of them onto poles in the ground. The superdish and any dish of its size or larger is really just to big to put on a roof and not have damage from wind stress and your original install is a good indicator of what can happen from a roof mount specialy when its not sealed.

After that email your definitely screwed in getting them back out, really you were pretty ignorant for blasting someone who was trying to help you out and doesnt deserve to have one more a$$hole treat her like sh*t. The executive team that you emailed so angrily with that response deal with hundreds of issues a day ranging from the minor to the majour and the moderate like yours. Your account notes will be updated with your temper tantrum and you can pretty much kiss any chance of anyone even an inhouse tech should they open a shop up next door to your house coming out to fix your system, and one other thing to consider is the possibility that intertech may also install for directv ;)

I'm not a fan of Superdish on roof, just too much windload. Scares me. That's probably why the first tech said no. I do see quite a few on roofs, some are still holding up, others - what a mess - nice home for the bees tho.

Wow..

The third tech that put up your superdish probably did something he shouldnt wich is to put a superdish on a roof over a living quarters, when dish told us that roof mounts were no longer allowed we ( I atleast ) followed orders and put all but 5 of them onto poles in the ground. The superdish and any dish of its size or larger is really just to big to put on a roof and not have damage from wind stress and your original install is a good indicator of what can happen from a roof mount specialy when its not sealed.

After that email your definitely screwed in getting them back out, really you were pretty ignorant for blasting someone who was trying to help you out and doesnt deserve to have one more a$$hole treat her like sh*t. The executive team that you emailed so angrily with that response deal with hundreds of issues a day ranging from the minor to the majour and the moderate like yours. Your account notes will be updated with your temper tantrum and you can pretty much kiss any chance of anyone even an inhouse tech should they open a shop up next door to your house coming out to fix your system, and one other thing to consider is the possibility that intertech may also install for directv ;)

Van, I appreciate you posting back, I value opinions if I agree or disagree with them.

And honestly what really stinks in this situtation. I've never had a problem with Dish themselves in the six years I've been a customer. My issues have always been with Intertech. I've never had a good experience, and finally this last one was more than enough for me.

I would have acted differently but just getting the "executive" team to email me back took a second email to the "ceo" which is crap. I'm part of the management team where I work, and if my boss got an email forwarded it to me and I didn't handle it the first oppurtinity. I would be in trouble to start with, but if it took a second email five days later to get a response. You'd better believe my butt would by on the line.

In my first email I was painfully honest, and said, i will accept any compromise, but another visit from Intertech. I'll be more than happy to pay the travel expenses for a different crew from a different area. What I don't want is Intertech. i've had enough. Iv'e talked to their "VP" and I understand fully where this poor service comes from.

I'm to the point, that they can black ball my account, and mark it. Because if that's what their customer service has come to, than I don't want to be their customer.

If it's a 30 dollar a year account or a 10,000 dollar year a account. You show the utmost respect through the whole process. I know for a fact if someone called my place of business and said, well this is the fifth time we've talked to so and so, and I want this handled immediately by someone else. It would happen, and so and so, would be moved into a more appropriate department. Because customer service isn't their thing. Heck, I don't think anyone has ever gotten five chances where I work. I've had a guy complain to my boss because it took two days to get a parcel of mail from our office instead of one. Did I think it was unreasonable, yes. But did I find a solution that made the customer happy. You'd better believe it. Anytime a piece of mail came out of my office for that company, I drove it to their offices the same day...

I know I came across like an ass, but after so many times of being disrespected by these goons. I'm just at the end of my rope.

Last edited:
Okay, I doubt that you will get any response from that email to the ceo@echostar.com . I suggest that you try Directv . They even have a bigger dish with upto 5 lnbs to coordinate. Also 2 lines to every dvr . Imagine the fun of that install.

I doubt if the OP Patchen even wants another BS response from the "CEO". The first one was worthless and a canned response. Does anyone really believe it's the ceo's office that is responding here? It's just another group of low paid csr's making the replies. By the way when I switched from E* to D* it took all of 5 minutes to aim the dish and pulling dual coax lines doesn't take any longer than pulling one.

WOW! How many posts does one have to have made on this forum to be allowed to call another poster an "a$$hole"? :mad:

The super dish on the roof, is because I was told by the first service tech that they didn't do poles in yards. They didn't bring the poles, and they wouldn't do them. I asked if planted the pole if they'd use it, and I was told no. Hence the super on my roof.

I don't mind being called an a$$hole. I was acting like one, I'll be the first to admit it.

I'm tired of being crapped on.

I don't mind being called an a$$hole. I was acting like one, I'll be the first to admit it.

I get the drift Patchen. I go by the old saying "crap on me once shame on you, crap on me twice shame on me". :)

Well 1st when it comes to dealing with installer's some companies are better than others. This of course will vary from state to state its just real simple some do a better job than other's and some know what they are talking about. Man that really sucks so what I will do Patchen is PM you someone I deal with that has always been able to help me out. So keep a eye on your PM. :)

This is such an on going saga, I don't expect special treatment, but I do expect techs to be respectful, and courteous. I may drop dead if that ever happens.

And this crap of "talked to Victoria" and she's going to send out her best tech. Well i spoke to Victoria on the phone last Friday, and she was yelling at me for contact dish about a service call.

Like I said, if they don't want to take my concerns as a customer seriously the first few times, I consider that disrespecting. I'm not going to be respectful back anymore. It's not like their giving me some free service.

Hey,Patchen

I PM you some info give that a try and they should be able to take care of things for you. :)

The super dish on the roof, is because I was told by the first service tech that they didn't do poles in yards. They didn't bring the poles, and they wouldn't do them. I asked if planted the pole if they'd use it, and I was told no. Hence the super on my roof.
Basicly the installer lied to you twice, until late 04 roof mounts were fine but then that changed. The installer could have also done the other work while you dug the hole and planted the pole with cement but he obviously didnt want to trench the lines so he was lazy to.

I agrea, as much as I loved my job I became tired of being crapped on by the management at the office I worked out of, incidently I hope that you understand that there is a diference between acting like an A.H. and being one and its better to have a moment of acting than a lifetime of being so Im glad that you only had a moment.

This is such an on going saga, I don't expect special treatment, but I do expect techs to be respectful, and courteous. I may drop dead if that ever happens.

And this crap of "talked to Victoria" and she's going to send out her best tech. Well i spoke to Victoria on the phone last Friday, and she was yelling at me for contact dish about a service call.

Like I said, if they don't want to take my concerns as a customer seriously the first few times, I consider that disrespecting. I'm not going to be respectful back anymore. It's not like their giving me some free service.
I would say that Vicoria probably got ripped a new stage door exit and it probably wasnt the first time that week or day for that matter, the sub contractors and rsp's are really under alot of pressure to get their crap together since so many have techs that are doing poor work. Im half tempted to get back into the installation field as a subcontractor to get into the QC section and training with a section on presenting ones self as a professional.

I do understand your frustration, Ive had two dozen service calls in the last 9 months with charter cable to try and get a bunch of problems fixed that are still not fixed and Ive been paying them for service, but all that is changing next week as Im going back to dish for tv and have worked out a marginaly adequate package for phone and dsl through bellsouth. Ive dealt with the local office, the local sub contractor, the local installation office, an office in Gainesville, the corporate office, the corporate retention office ( that was an adventure, the girl sounded like she was from So Cal popping bubble gum and still in high school ) and have as yet to get my channels fixed to where they will stay in.

Almost forgot, throughout all of it there have been two ladies that have been pleasant and helpfull and have done their best to help me out, the two ladies work in the local payment center in Athens and really if it hadnt been for them I would have chucked my stb and two modems through the front window.

Basicly the installer lied to you twice, until late 04 roof mounts were fine but then that changed. The installer could have also done the other work while you dug the hole and planted the pole with cement but he obviously didnt want to trench the lines so he was lazy to.

I would have near "perfect" reception from a post planted in my yard. Luckily where I live we're away from the snow belts of PA, and we haven't seen a tornado since 83. *knock on wood*

I agrea, as much as I loved my job I became tired of being crapped on by the management at the office I worked out of, incidently I hope that you understand that there is a diference between acting like an A.H. and being one and its better to have a moment of acting than a lifetime of being so Im glad that you only had a moment.

Honestly it takes a lot of push me to going this far. Usually, as long as I hear a reasonable answer. I'm all for it. The guy that came to my house last week, was just such a jerk and after all the other crap we've been through. I had enough.

I would say that Vicoria probably got ripped a new stage door exit and it probably wasnt the first time that week or day for that matter, the sub contractors and rsp's are really under alot of pressure to get their crap together since so many have techs that are doing poor work. Im half tempted to get back into the installation field as a subcontractor to get into the QC section and training with a section on presenting ones self as a professional.

Victoria is just as bad if not worse than her employees. She was a real treat on the phone. Basically trying to convince me it was my honor to have them at my house.

I do understand your frustration, Ive had two dozen service calls in the last 9 months with charter cable to try and get a bunch of problems fixed that are still not fixed and Ive been paying them for service, but all that is changing next week as Im going back to dish for tv and have worked out a marginaly adequate package for phone and dsl through bellsouth. Ive dealt with the local office, the local sub contractor, the local installation office, an office in Gainesville, the corporate office, the corporate retention office ( that was an adventure, the girl sounded like she was from So Cal popping bubble gum and still in high school ) and have as yet to get my channels fixed to where they will stay in.

Almost forgot, throughout all of it there have been two ladies that have been pleasant and helpfull and have done their best to help me out, the two ladies work in the local payment center in Athens and really if it hadnt been for them I would have chucked my stb and two modems through the front window.

Gum popping is such a terrible habit for anyone using a phone. My staff at work isn't allowed to chew gum while at work. It is just SO rude. I'm afraid of using our local cable company, and I have a friend at work who lives next door to an installer for dish. He's about 40 miles away. I'm going to talk to him again tonight, and see if he'll come down and fix this problem. I really don't want to leave dish. I'm honestly not even upset with them over this, I understand they only have one installer. I jsut won't have intertech here. If it's my only choice, then it won't get fixed...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)