I finally need DISH service for inferior product

For anyone interested, here's my followup. The tech came today. He called me ahead of time to confirm the time and was here when he said he would be. This tech has been with DISH for ten years. He was professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and courteous. According to him, he and two others in this area of 200,000 population do the appliance repair. The other techs do satellite service installs and mount tv's and other entertainment related services. He said that if you buy a tv from Amazon and want it mounted, DISH techs do that for them as well as other such installations.

He went right to the problem, said he had seen if before. Replaced the touch pad on the range/oven. Spent less than an hour on the scene. Also, he told me about a recall on my fridge that I need to have done. I was happy to tip him for his effort. Who said DISH techs couldn't receive tips?

I said this before. I applaud dish for doing different types of services to keep their techs working. I would not have any issues with a dish technician fixing any of my appliances. We all know times are changing if you don’t adapt you will go out of business.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

For anyone interested, here's my followup. The tech came today. He called me ahead of time to confirm the time and was here when he said he would be. This tech has been with DISH for ten years. He was professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and courteous. According to him, he and two others in this area of 200,000 population do the appliance repair. The other techs do satellite service installs and mount tv's and other entertainment related services. He said that if you buy a tv from Amazon and want it mounted, DISH techs do that for them as well as other such installations.

He went right to the problem, said he had seen if before. Replaced the touch pad on the range/oven. Spent less than an hour on the scene. Also, he told me about a recall on my fridge that I need to have done. I was happy to tip him for his effort. Who said DISH techs couldn't receive tips?

It wasn’t a Samsung fridge by any chance? We have a Samsung range that has worked perfectly for 2 years, but the fridge, defrosting the ice maker every 1-2 months. I apologize in advance if I’m off topic or out of bounds on these questions. Also purchased a 4K 65” Samsung about the same time. It lasted just beyond 30 day store coverage before display screen had to be replaced. Spent hours on phone with customer service. Pretty sure they were in South Korea

It wasn’t a Samsung fridge by any chance? We have a Samsung range that has worked perfectly for 2 years, but the fridge, defrosting the ice maker every 1-2 months. I apologize in advance if I’m off topic or out of bounds on these questions. Also purchased a 4K 65” Samsung about the same time. It lasted just beyond 30 day store coverage before display screen had to be replaced. Spent hours on phone with customer service. Pretty sure they were in South Korea

Yes, according to him, there is a recall on certain Samsung fridge icemakers. Mine froze up solid and had to be defrosted. He checked it and it is starting to freeze up again. The recall is a multi-step process.

The new one is called the Dinova Boss Mix (144282). Televes had the full manual and specs on their site a few weeks ago but took it down. Solid Signal has a review up though and I did save a copy of the .pdf manual. It's basically the original version with the two VHF pull out rods and an improved version of their BOSS Amplifier.

Thanks for the tip. The Dinova Boss Mix antenna is installed up on the roof, replacing the RCA ANT751R. Signal strength and quality are comparable, if not a little bit better. And I like the fact that the preamp can be located inside and has two ports, so you don't have to deal with splitter insertion loss.

IMG_0391 (1).JPG
IMG_0387 (1).JPG
IMG_0386 (1).JPG
IMG_0385 (1).JPG

I wouldn't even trust the Geek Squad to go anywhere near my phone or computers. They often cause more harm than good. If I can't fix it myself, it goes back to the manufacturer for warranty replacement (Apple). That's not to say the Dish techs don't know what they're doing, but I would have never thought to call them to fix an oven!

I don’t think I would trust geek squad to do anything.

As far as Dish Installer’s, they should be installing Dishes. Not messing around with iPhones, nest thermostats and fixing washers and dryers.

The fact they are doing other things besides dishes goes to show how bad the industry is hurting in general.

They don’t want to let the techs go because they may need them to do jobs, so they give them busy work.

It takes a lot of patience to mess with all the electronic gizmos people buy who have no clue how to setup and operate.

I never had an issue installing those things, it’s the customer education and the calls after wards asking how to fix stupid things that I won’t deal with.

It’s like AT&T wanting us to sell cell phones.

Great idea, but I’m not the person who wants to be sitting there with grandma moving all her photos on her new iPhone, setting up all the apps and explaining 100 times how to do stuff, and having to take a phone call every time a wrong button is pushed and having to hear “nothing is happening” after repeating directions over how to do something over the phone.

All that, which eventually leads to another in home visit for a 1 minute fix, which I won’t get paid for, because my hourly rate for which my time is worth is about $75-$100 per hour which naturally a customer is not going to want to pay for.

Then customers wonder why we don’t return their calls in a timely fashion. Some customers you literally have to make them wait for a call back so they figure it out on their own. If you call back right away, they expect you to come to fix it, which is fine but they never want to pay you thinking tech support is included free for life.

Sorry for the rant, but I get tired of being used for free tech support, which is why I stick to just doing Tv and have no desire to get into all this custom stuff

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts