I found this this morning while trying to visit Dish Support.....?

356B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 22, 2010
Northern California
Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer

The website you are visiting appears to contain malware. Malware is malicious software that may harm your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Your computer can be infected just by browsing to a site with malware, without any further action on your part.
For detailed information about problems found on this site, or a portion of this site, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for www.dishsupport.com.
Ignore Warning Go Back​

Advisory provided by
malware_logo.gif
Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for www.dishsupport.com

What is the current listing status for www.dishsupport.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 3 time(s) over the past 90 days.
What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 2182 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 81 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-02-29, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-02-29.Malicious software includes 68 trojan(s), 12 scripting exploit(s), 1 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 5 new process(es) on the target machine.
Malicious software is hosted on 30 domain(s), including rstorange.info/, appfree.in/, kpain.osa.pl/.
20 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including vbuiltin-support.in/, directmarketingline.in/, discount12-promo.in/.
This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS19994 (RACKSPACE).
Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, www.dishsupport.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.
Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.
How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.
Next steps:
Updated 9 hours ago

© Google - Google Home

We apologize for the inconvenience, but at this time DISHSupport.com is currently down for maintenance. DIRT is still around for any assistance you may need. Thank you!

Maintenance... AKA virus removal... lol. It happens though... Not the first time I've witnessed this... Pingtest.net went through this a few months ago.

Poor DIRT, had to toe the line with the PR response "down for maintenance" ;)

Yikes this must be why I kept getting a pop-up message asking if I wanted to view the non-secure stuff whenever I changed pages on the site the other day. I kept clicking yes:(

Yikes this must be why I kept getting a pop-up message asking if I wanted to view the non-secure stuff whenever I changed pages on the site the other day. I kept clicking yes:(

No, that was a completely different issue and selecting Yes would not have effected your system.

Actually, no. They've been down in the past for upgrades. But I don't think it's been down this long before, and I never saw those Google warnings on any website before, ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)