I got a new Blu Ray

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
I just got a Philips Blu ray the other day , Just wondering if anyone else has one , and what their opinions are on them.
I 've been using my PS3 for a Blu ray, but not very often.
I'd like to start watching more Blu ray disks.:)
I got model BRD7200.
It plays DVDs perfectly fine. But Still waiting for Netflix to send me a Blu Ray.:)

I just got a Philips Blu ray the other day , Just wondering if anyone else has one , and what their opinions are on them.
I 've been using my PS3 for a Blu ray, but not very often.
I'd like to start watching more Blu ray disks.:)
I got model BRD7200.
It plays DVDs perfectly fine. But Still waiting for Netflix to send me a Blu Ray.:)

Is the Philips player in a 2nd room or is it replacing the PS3?

I was under the understanding that the PS3 was one of the best Blu-Ray and upconverting players out there.

If I had it to do all over again, I would have never bought one. Getting movies is a hassle (compared to a Redbox a mile away). PQ just marginally better than upconverted SD. Now the Netflix thing.
I bought the hype. Now I might sell it.

If I had it to do all over again, I would have never bought one. Getting movies is a hassle (compared to a Redbox a mile away). PQ just marginally better than upconverted SD. Now the Netflix thing.

But what about the future? What if Blu-Ray takes the place of DVD? Blu-Ray players still play DVD's, but DVD players won't play Blu-Rays. Why not hang on to what you already bought?

Wouldn't you rather "have it and not need it" than "need it and not have it"??

Also, if you ever upgrade to an HD Audio capable receiver, you'd also gain the luxury of having access to lossless audio on Blu-Ray discs. What if you ever buy a bigger display? I bet you'd appreciate the better PQ more so then.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I've had a BD player for almost 2 years now and I found the "marginally better than upconverted SD" comment a little amusing. To my eyes and ears, the difference is indeed substantial!

Is the Philips player in a 2nd room or is it replacing the PS3?

I was under the understanding that the PS3 was one of the best Blu-Ray and upconverting players out there.
I'm using the new Philips, mainly so I can just use my PS3 for gaming. So its kind of replacing PS3.

Doesn't seem like much of a hassle. You want a blu ray, you buy it., You want a DVD you Buy it. The Philips does both formats, so its really no hassle anyway I look at it. Plus I don't base my DVD collection around Netflix

Doesn't seem like much of a hassle. You want a blu ray, you buy it., You want a DVD you Buy it. The Philips does both formats, so its really no hassle anyway I look at it.

Yep. :up Not sure where the "hassle" comes into play. If anything, Blu-Rays are becoming more mainstream and more available pretty much everywhere. My local Blockbuster gets just about every new release in Blu-Ray and they also have quite the growing collection of old titles too.

BTW, the PS3 plays both formats too. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts