I got L634 on one of my 622's last night.

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
Las Vegas
They finally fixed the backing out of the series folders issue which I've been waiting for for six months. Also noticed the live sports search which is cool. Don't know what else has changed but these two things make it worth while to me and it's still working flawlessly.:)

Good to hear they're finally fixing that bug. I wonder if they'll fix it on the 722k anytime soon. I've had L683 on my 722ks for a month or so, but it didn't fix the folder bug.

I didn't even notice that one. I'm just happy that it FINALLY has the option to hide SD duplicates of HD mapdown channels!

Too bad it happened 2 days before the beginning of the end of the world!!!! I knew that would be one of the signs! Thanks a lot Dish! :) At least we'll have it for 5 months!

Same here. Duplicates (map-downs) will always be there.

Yep we were just discussing this the other day.The all channel color scheme is imo the best.Use the channel locks to block out the dups,the advantage to this is if/when any new channels are added they will automatically be in the all channel list.

I also have L.634 on my 622. I am really happy that now I can scroll through my groups, checking info on each one, without having to go back into the group and scroll back down to where I was each time. This is a big ease-of-use improvement for me.

A couple of other minor annoyances that are fixed now, and I don't believe these were fixed before L.634: : the banner in the program guide is now optional; and instead of having to hit the Guide button repeatedly to get to the right Favorites List, there is now an optional popup from which any Favorites List may be instantly selected.

All in all, a small set of minor improvements that will make the 622 even easier to use than it is already. I am a happy customer.

I also have L.634 on my 622. I am really happy that now I can scroll through my groups, checking info on each one, without having to go back into the group and scroll back down to where I was each time. This is a big ease-of-use improvement for me.

I bet that must be nice. I am looking forward to seeing this being fixed on my 722ks.

A couple of other minor annoyances that are fixed now, and I don't believe these were fixed before L.634: : the banner in the program guide is now optional; and instead of having to hit the Guide button repeatedly to get to the right Favorites List, there is now an optional popup from which any Favorites List may be instantly selected.

Well not sure about the 622, but my 722ks have had those options for quite a long time now.

All Subscribed is now renamed My Channels.
All HD is now renamed My HD Channels.

More importantly, a few seconds after pausing, the display automatically changes the bottom bar to an upper right pause symbol with the delay counter. (Previously, in order to see information obscured by the bottom bar - such as the score - you had to press Frame Advance - and then you got the upper right pause symbol - but without the new delay counter)

If the playback is from a completed recording, then the pause symbol will not have the counter.

More importantly, a few seconds after pausing, the display automatically changes the bottom bar to an upper right pause symbol with the delay counter. (Previously, in order to see information obscured by the bottom bar - such as the score - you had to press Frame Advance - and then you got the upper right pause symbol - but without the new delay counter)

If the playback is from a completed recording, then the pause symbol will not have the counter.

I personally liked "All Sub" just fine, but I guess that's kinda cool... Really liking the pause GUI though... Can't wait to see it for myself...

the all sub/etc names are fine as they were ... but I'd love the pause bar to disappear on my 722k by pressing cancel, and press again to have ti back.. (its not in the L683 firmware for 722k's that came out 4/20/11 :( )

the all sub/etc names are fine as they were ... but I'd love the pause bar to disappear on my 722k by pressing cancel, and press again to have ti back.. (its not in the L683 firmware for 722k's that came out 4/20/11 :( )

Yeah this is sounding like the update I was hoping L683 would be...

Also got L634. Turning captions on (now 8-6-1 instead of 8-7-1) no longer turns the captions on. C'mon Dish, I need captions, otherwise I miss about 10% of dialogue on programs with background sounds, laugh tracks, etc. I hear programs like news and Jeopardy fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)