I got the HD DVR price drop today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

nazz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
I called DirecTV today about switching back from E* and worked out the following deal at first:

$100 Instant Hardware rebate (HD DVR, HD RCVR & SD RCVR)
Free HBO, Starz & Showtime for 3 Months
Free 3 Room Installation
Free Extra HD for 3 Months
$10 off per month for 12 Months
Another $10 off per month for 10 Months.

When she asked if I was ready to schedule it, I brought up a Concern that there was going to be a $100 HD DVR price drop on 1/10 and I didn't want scheduling the install now to cost me the $100. She agreed to credit my account an additional $100 to get me back today.

I'm a happy camper and will be checking out the new HD next Tuesday afternoon. :D

Thanks to you guys here on the forum for the info I used to save myself some money!

Great man! Glad to hear things worked out for you and that is a great deal.
What package did you go with?

Yes I know of one other person that called today and got the price drop now also plus all the credits over 12 months.

You just need to ask. If they dont understand. Say thank you and call back to get an other CSR.

Great man! Glad to hear things worked out for you and that is a great deal.
What package did you go with?

Thanks! I went with the HD DVR Plus package, I believe is what it's called. I also added the extra HD only channels but skipped the sports.

I'm excited and looking forward to playing with it Tuesday night.:hungry:

Yes I know of one other person that called today and got the price drop now also plus all the credits over 12 months.

You just need to ask. If they dont understand. Say thank you and call back to get an other CSR.

Yep. She confirmed right away that the price would drop on the 10th and didn't hesitate at all to apply the credit. She was very nice and also knowledgable. I even had fun joking around with her while she got me set up.

Wow, that is a great deal, makes it aweful tempting to switch from Dish Network after being with them over 10 years. Wonder what kind of deal they have for someone wanting an HD DVR and 2-3 additional SD DVR's.

Wow, that is a great deal, makes it aweful tempting to switch from Dish Network after being with them over 10 years. Wonder what kind of deal they have for someone wanting an HD DVR and 2-3 additional SD DVR's.

Stargazer

I just switched from E*, I don't think you will regret it.

I'm insanely confused. I signed up for Directtv in September. At the time I requested HD+DVR package, and as a new customer I also got all movie channels free for 3 months. The price quoted was $49.99 per month after a $10 credit each month for 12 months. The sales guy then said I could could get EVERYTHING for the price of $64 a month if I took the NFL package. I asked if that would screw up my $49.99 deal at the end of football season. Absolutely not, he said. As as a new customer I would receive the promotional price for the full year. I took it.

Well, Friday I called to let them know that since the NFL package was expired, I wanted to go back to my original deal, but they are charging me for the Premiere package. No can do, they said. You are no longer a new customer. The best they can give me is $69.99 per month for the HD+DVR package, and HD Access is not included. I told them that is not what the sales guy told me, and she (a supervisor) said she is not responsible for what he promised. So essentially, as a new customer, I got 3 months of promotional pricing instead of a year. I am not happy at all. Once you're in, it seems they no longer care to work with you, but the sales guy was sure happy to to give me what I wanted when he wanted me to sign the committment. Oh yeah, he also gave me 6 months of free Protection Plan which has never materialized, and the supervisor said must have misunderstood because they never waive that. Well, I didn't misunderstand anything - I still have the notes I took when I talked to the sales guy.

So how are you guys getting these pricing deals? Have to be a long time customer before they'll talk to you?

So how are you guys getting these pricing deals? Have to be a long time customer before they'll talk to you?

My advantage was that I was a previous D* customer who had switched over to E* a couple of years ago. The negotiation was to my advantage because they wanted to get my business back.

My advantage was that I was a previous D* customer who had switched over to E* a couple of years ago. The negotiation was to my advantage because they wanted to get my business back.

I am glad you got this extra $100 programming credit, but it was not to compensate for the upcoming $100 receiver price drop, this hidden $100 discount has been there for the asking for some time now, I was offered that one month ago, and I suspect it will still be there when D* actually drops the HDDVR price by another $100 because hardware cost is alway separate from programming cost, the CSR tried to make you think they are related but they are not.

I'm just glad that I was able to find all of these sites (here and DBS) before I pulled any triggers.

I've been with D* since 95 (save a little 1 year spell where Charter bribed me with $300), but just got our first HDTV last week. I thought I'd do my homework before going after the HD DVR.

Long story short, with help from these two sites, my CSR gave me the $100 instant off, plus the $10 off for 12 months. She had not heard of the price drop, so she advised me to "think about the deal I just offered you until, say...the 10th, then call us back" (wink wink).

So thanks to everyone for the $300 I'm saving!
Lee

I'm just glad that I was able to find all of these sites (here and DBS) before I pulled any triggers.

I've been with D* since 95 (save a little 1 year spell where Charter bribed me with $300), but just got our first HDTV last week. I thought I'd do my homework before going after the HD DVR.

Long story short, with help from these two sites, my CSR gave me the $100 instant off, plus the $10 off for 12 months. She had not heard of the price drop, so she advised me to "think about the deal I just offered you until, say...the 10th, then call us back" (wink wink).

So thanks to everyone for the $300 I'm saving!
Lee

First of all,
:welcome to the site

2nd, I'm glad you were able to get some ideas and understanding of what is out there ahead of time, it definatly helps to know going in. :)

Stick around, look around !

Jimbo

I am looking to switch for cost reasons.

I need two HD-DVRs. Any chance I can get them for $100 a piece with the new price drop?

Well the $100 price drop on the HDDVR is official, unfortunately the extra $100 instant programming credit people were getting prior to this is no longer available, so the final deal for a NEW HDDVR sub remains the same.

Maybe I was wrong, they did use that extra $100 programming credit so folks would not have to wait after the price drop.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)