I HATE Google Assistant

We definitively want everyone to be able to work their Google Assist feature and to help with the transition, we have created a web-page that provides tips and tricks! Here is a link to our web-page:DISH + Google Assistant | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support

When you are searching for something in particular, be sure to let Google know where you would like the search to take place. Such as, Dish Guide, YouTube or even Netflix. This will help narrow down the search and populate faster. -- Sam F
No matter what I ask or how I ask it always brings up YouTube results.

Same here.
That's odd, because I demo it at every new customer and it always brings up the actual show. I've searched for Master Chef, Chicago Cubs, Colorado Rockies, Buffalo Bills, et al and always works. One thing, though, the customer's not logged into their Google account when I'm demoing

I hate this thing. I have yet to get it to work successfully ONCE. 95% of the time it tells me it is unavailable and to try again later. I finally asked it to search “Renegade” and the search result was “weather.” Huh? There is no resemblance. I actually complained to the FCC about all of this and the FCC said my complaints were justified. Google corporate admitted that there have been a lot of unhappy customers. It had not worked as they had hoped and if I wanted out of my contract, I could do so. I’m out. It did take an official complaint to do this. Dish had previously told me that if I didn’t like the new system, too bad. I was stuck. Oh. I don’t think so.

Reactions: TheKrell
When the voice remote launched, it sucked... pretty much a lot of the extras at launch sucked(Carbon UI)... give it time, and it will work great. Let it adapt to the people. It is a growth, but it’s needs time to develop.
Why should I give it time. I’m paying for a service that sucks.

I hate this thing. I have yet to get it to work successfully ONCE. 95% of the time it tells me it is unavailable and to try again later. I finally asked it to search “Renegade” and the search result was “weather.” Huh? There is no resemblance. I actually complained to the FCC about all of this and the FCC said my complaints were justified. Google corporate admitted that there have been a lot of unhappy customers. It had not worked as they had hoped and if I wanted out of my contract, I could do so. I’m out. It did take an official complaint to do this. Dish had previously told me that if I didn’t like the new system, too bad. I was stuck. Oh. I don’t think so.
How exactly would Google Corporate allow you out of a Dish contract?

Reactions: JSheridan
W
According to other Dish site it can be disabled by removing permissions - but then looks like you have no voice search.

"To disable this feature press and hold the mic button, then say "Stop sending data". This should disable all voice features. If you do press the mic button again afterwards there should be an option listed to disable voice that you can choose."
hy would I want to disables feature that was the whole reason I got Dish in the first place? I don’t want to control my lights or thermostat with a freaking tv remote. That’s what apps are for.

First, welcome to the forum.

The fact of the matter is that you pay Dish to deliver the TV channels to your TV and the DVR functions of the receiver if you pay for that too, but that's it. Dish Anywhere, voice remotes, Netflix, Youtube, apps and all the rest are just gravy. You don't pay for them and Dish doesn't have to provide them. It's just that simple.

I don't get all these 'complaints' and trying to get out of the contract over seemingly minor inconveniences. If you did quit Dish please tell me what other provider will furnish you with a voice controlled remote and Google assistant. I don't know of any.

I'd be willing to pay for a device guaranteed to block Google from collecting anything from any source. They've become so pervasive I wouldn't be surprised if my next toilet didn't come with Google assistant.

Reactions: TheKrell
That's odd, because I demo it at every new customer and it always brings up the actual show. I've searched for Master Chef, Chicago Cubs, Colorado Rockies, Buffalo Bills, et al and always works. One thing, though, the customer's not logged into their Google account when I'm demoing

My Hopper3 is logged into my Google Account and almost all of my searches work fine. Plus it answers my questions such as “what was the final score of Michigan versus Army game”.
Plus I like that it controls all of my lights.
I wonder if Classicrun does not have good internet on her Hopper3. Both Alexa and Google Assistant require an internet connection to work. If she says it is never available perhaps she has a poor internet connection.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts