I HATE Google Assistant

I searched for Frankenstein and got a summary of who Frankenstein is, then I searched for Frankenstein on Dish Network and got a handful of shows that referenced that word

Really upset that the Google Assistant has replaced the former voice search. I searched for “Flipping Exes” and was offered directions to a business in Carmel Indiana, and got zero results for any tv shows.

So this “enhancement” now forces me to say “TV show” every time I search. I know it’s first world problems, but it worked great before and now it doesn’t.

There’s no way to disable it. At a minimum, they need to offer the option to only search for TV shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hate it too. Ask it for starz channel end you get weather channel 100% of the time.

I called dish tech support 2 days ago regarding the voice search problem, they said it was known issue. After that I e-mailed the head of the retension department. One of the people from that department called me back and said it was not a problem and they would send a tech out to work on it. He arrived yesterday and tried several searches on the hallmark channel and lifetime wich failed to bring up anything except you for you tube vids even though we could see them on the guide. He called dish back room and they admitted to they problem. I am waiting for dish retension to call me back, because they promised I could get out of my contract if the tech could not fix.

ps my internet is 100 meg excellent speed

I called dish tech support 2 days ago regarding the voice search problem, they said it was known issue. After that I e-mailed the head of the retension department. One of the people from that department called me back and said it was not a problem and they would send a tech out to work on it. He arrived yesterday and tried several searches on the hallmark channel and lifetime wich failed to bring up anything except you for you tube vids even though we could see them on the guide. He called dish back room and they admitted to they problem. I am waiting for dish retension to call me back, because they promised I could get out of my contract if the tech could not fix.

ps my internet is 100 meg excellent speed
1, who is your provider and how is the Hopper connected and 2, you're going to break your contract over voice searching? Seriously??

That's your problem. Comcast Gateways do not play well with Hoppers when connected via WiFi. You need an Ethernet connection, 3rd party router or a Hopper Internet Connector (If possible)

My Linksys modem and WiFi router works well with my Comcast. Bought both myself 2 years ago when I switched back.

My voice search started working a lot better when I started using a Google Mesh Router system. Works great by the way.

Reactions: HipKat
My voice search started working a lot better when I started using a Google Mesh Router system. Works great by the way.

That's what I have been wondering. I have an 802.11AX/WiFi 6 Mesh system and neither the GA in my H3's nor my Samsung TV Voice Assistant will work all the time and they are Hardwired. Although they have in certain circumstance. I'm trying to find out what those circumstances are? Like Port Numbers GA requires, maybe? If anyone might know . . . I'd be much obliged.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)