I hate these new HD packages!

Does anyone know how these new packages will effect AEP? Or more to the point, AEP is like AT250 + HBO, Max, Showtime, etc, so will any of the movie channel HD versions be part of these HD packages?

It is basically the same thing Directv does, they give you the HD Versions of the channels you already pay for at one price and the channels that don't have an SD equivelent at another price.
Why wouldn't HD Theater be moved into the $20.00 package then? It doesn't have an SD equivalent. Maybe, like HDNet, they have a contract that says it must be in a basic tier?

Roy

Are we absolutely certain that NBA HD is not included in the HD Essentials pack if you have AEP?

I also think it would be available with the Sports Pack and HD Essentials.

I have not received a specific answer yet nor do I expect one. But that is the way I read the Dish web site.

The way the Dish web site reads, if you get the SD version, you get the HD version depending on your package with the HD Essentials.

It also says 20 extra HD channels with the Ultimate. My count is
1) HD Net,
2) HD Net Movies
3) Universal HD
4) (Discovery) HD Theater*
5) MHD
Plus 15 Voom channels.

*Discovery HD Theater is free to anyone with HD service on channel 5710 (Test). Every cable system I've seen has it somewhere in the clear (QAM) and DirecTV also has it in two places, I bet one of them is available to everyone with HD service regardless of subscription level.

Does anyone know how these new packages will effect AEP? Or more to the point, AEP is like AT250 + HBO, Max, Showtime, etc, so will any of the movie channel HD versions be part of these HD packages?

The premium channels are each their own thing. HBO includes HBO HD. Same goes for each individual premium package.

AEP is not "really" a package. It is really a bundle 5 packages and NBATV. It consists of AT250+ 4 premiums (Mega-Movie Pack) +NBA TV. Even on your bill it splits it up that way.

So AEP with or without HD Essentials should include the 4 main movie channels in HD since each package includes that channel. (with the proper "because we can" HD enabling fee).

This is also why I think NBA HD will be included in the HD essentials if you have AEP. I could be wrong on that.

See ya
Tony

I have the Multi sports pack ... will NBA HD work with that if I only want the 10.00 pack?

Tony believes that NBA HD will be available to people subscribed to AEP and the Multi Sports package and I hope he's right. The list I created was just by looking at the logos in the picture from CES, there's no official list yet.

Tony believes that NBA HD will be available to people subscribed to AEP and the Multi Sports package and I hope he's right. The list I created was just by looking at the logos in the picture from CES, there's no official list yet.

I hope i get the NHL Network. I do subscribe to center ice and there is a duplicate version of the channel within the center ice channel range. If I subscribe to the basic package, but have Center Ice, I should still get the channel.

Once these packages are announced I'll probably cut my service back. I have AEP+HD now, but I hardly watch the movie channels. With the listed options above I may cut back to AT200.

Once these packages are announced I'll probably cut my service back. I have AEP+HD now, but I hardly watch the movie channels. With the listed options above I may cut back to AT200.

Same here. I could care less about the Voom channels. I rarely find anything on the Voom channels anymore.

I was paying $11 a month for the HD Access fee when I had no HD programming, then DISH called me for 6 months free HD. Once that runs out, I downgrade to the $10 package... save $1 a month from before! Four months gives me a gallon of gas....

Anyways... are the Voom channels really that expensive to have on air or is Dish trying to cash in on them?

I was paying $11 a month for the HD Access fee when I had no HD programming, then DISH called me for 6 months free HD. Once that runs out, I downgrade to the $10 package... save $1 a month from before! Four months gives me a gallon of gas....

Anyways... are the Voom channels really that expensive to have on air or is Dish trying to cash in on them?

I think that it is because Dish has exclusive rights to the channels. More likely, the voom channels have to be bundled with the HDNet (movies), Universal, etc. because they know not too many people would keep it. With the other movie channels in that package, it makes it more difficult to drop voom.

I think that it is because Dish has exclusive rights to the channels. More likely, the voom channels have to be bundled with the HDNet (movies), Universal, etc. because they know not too many people would keep it. With the other movie channels in that package, it makes it more difficult to drop voom.

Voom is no longer exclusive to Dish. Cablevision carries the channels too.

Crying about HD

I chuckle when I think about all these ppl bitching about Voom, and the lack of adding this hd channel or that hd channel.:D

The key is, if you don't like what dish is offering you, stop your bitching and leave, or be patient wait for them to add more hd content.

Lets face it; I would love the buffalo area channels in hd, along with MSG-HD and the Yes Network. However, I won't even consider leaving Dish until after the Hockey season is over with and my NHL CI Package expires, and even then Direct is gonna have to make me substantial offer that is not gonna cost me hundreds of dollars out of my pocket.

Furthermore, anyone who has a 622 or 722 receiver is lying if they say they aren't spoiled by the features of it, and ease of operation, and just dreads changing service to Direct to pick up more HD Content today, and using their inferior dvr, that won't give you dual turners, pip and luxury of storing your recorded content on your own external hard drive.

Think about it, Dish's HD offerings don't look so bad now do they?:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts