I hate these new HD packages!

I have AT200 now + $20 HD, so if I don't really watch Voom, I assume I could just get the $10 HD Package and bump up to AT250 with the other $10 to get those HD channels? I am sure I would watch National Geo. HD and the Military Channel SD more than I watch Voom. Voom is nice if you only watch it like once a month, because everything else on there seems to be a repeat. Maybe I will just bide my time and see what tiers they put the new stations into, assuming they ever come.

Speaking of National Geographic HD, would anyone go with the AT250 if it wasn't in there? I guess it is a good business decision for Charlie, but it is asinine that it is not in AT200.

Let me get this straight. You spend thousands of dollars on HD home theaters with surround sound and all the bells and whistles and then you try go cheap on the HD entertainment and complain because you don't like all 76 HD channels? Give me a break? I want all the HD I can get whether I like it or not. That's called choice. I can watch it......or not. I have probably found at least 1 thing on each and every channel at some time or other that I enjoy. And no matter how many hd channels other services may have, DISH will always have 15 more because VOOM is exclusive.

Let me get this straight. You spend thousands of dollars on HD home theaters with surround sound and all the bells and whistles and then you try go cheap on the HD entertainment..
HUH? Our "HD home theater" is a Mac 24" LCD monitor hooked up to a Dish Vip622 via the component cables :eek: We just spin it around and use it as a TV monitor some evenings :)

So I guess we do "try to go cheap on HD entertainment":rolleyes:

Talon Dancer

At250 Hd

Speaking of National Geographic HD, would anyone go with the AT250 if it wasn't in there? I guess it is a good business decision for Charlie, but it is asinine that it is not in AT200.

I totally agree with you. I want NGHD but will not pay the extra $ for all the other crap in the 250. I'll stick with my AT200.

Let me get this straight. You spend thousands of dollars on HD home theaters with surround sound and all the bells and whistles and then you try go cheap on the HD entertainment and complain because you don't like all 76 HD channels? Give me a break? I want all the HD I can get whether I like it or not. That's called choice. I can watch it......or not. I have probably found at least 1 thing on each and every channel at some time or other that I enjoy. And no matter how many hd channels other services may have, DISH will always have 15 more because VOOM is exclusive.

Believe it or not, some people don't have the same viewing preferences as you. I know that's probably hard to imagine.

, DISH will always have 15 more because VOOM is exclusive.
Have you watched ANY Voom channel in the last month? You might want to take a look since each channel only plays 3 programs a day.I wouldn't say VOOM is a Plus. IMO its whats keeping me and I'm sure a few others from paying $20 per month. Voom is an Insult to HD and E*. Cablevision can keep it exclusive .Real cheap!:D

I want all the HD I can get whether I like it or not. That's called choice. I can watch it......or not. I have probably found at least 1 thing on each and every channel at some time or other that I enjoy. And no matter how many hd channels other services may have, DISH will always have 15 more because VOOM is exclusive.
Not always, since they dont have 15 more now.
Plus, VOOM is NOT exclusive to E*.

I think that the downgrading to the $10 HD Essentials package and then upgrading my package to the AT250 is going to be the move for me. I hardly ever watch the VOOM selection of channels. I did at one point watch World Sport ... but the Spanish League soccer stuff that they show is so dated - and not to mention the "Friday Night Football" CFL that is on every day.

I think I can deal without those channels.

Downgrading to HD Essentials and adding Starz for $10 on DVRAdvantage for me.
That's assuming you will be able to downgrade your HD pack with DVR Advantage... I expect you probably will, but there has been no information either way for the Advantage packs.

Have you watched ANY Voom channel in the last month?

Yep. At least once a day. I still find quite a bit of value in these channels. I would rather have two movies you can't see anywhere else in real HD repeated in one day and two others in another etc, than have a channel that calls itself HD and had NO HD programming and STILL runs nothing but repeat programming their entire broadcast day in stretch-o-vision. But, you see there are other channels on Voom that don't show movies that still have great programming. Those are the channels I have been watching more often anyway. But that's just me.

See ya
Tony

Yep. At least once a day. I still find quite a bit of value in these channels. I would rather have two movies you can't see anywhere else in real HD repeated in one day and two others in another etc, than have a channel that calls itself HD and had NO HD programming and STILL runs nothing but repeat programming their entire broadcast day in stretch-o-vision. But, you see there are other channels on Voom that don't show movies that still have great programming. Those are the channels I have been watching more often anyway. But that's just me.

See ya
Tony
The repeats on Voom are Not Normal! 2-3 programs total in a 24 hour period per channel. Sometimes its for weeks like this. And I've seen nothing on Voom ,besides Kung FU! that I haven't already seen 15 years ago. And Voom is far from Real HD!

Rave

As far as I'm concerned as long as Voom has RAVE then I will be staying with them. It is far superior that MHD. It isn't full of commercials and really irritating promos for the channel.

VOOM is the main reason I am still with E*. Can't live without a daily dose of Rave or a weekly dose of Spanish soccer (watching a live game right now).
My wife is addicted to UltraHD. Some of my most favorite movies have been shown on WorldCinema and FilmFest ... exclusively I should add!

I don't like watching channels that stretch picture or interrupt movies to show commercials.

But that's me: different people have different tastes...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)