I have 1 receiver and 2 TV's.. how to get all 2 TV's working?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

acelera

Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
USA, NJ
I have only 1 Dish Network Box in my living room but i also wanted that same box to connect to the TV on my bedroom... i don't care if both TV's stay on the same channel.
What do i need to do?

thanks in advance :)

btw this is the box i have:
(Dish 311 or 301 idk exactly which one i have)
301wremote.jpg

I have only 1 Dish Network Box in my living room but i also wanted that same box to connect to the TV on my bedroom... i don't care if both TV's stay on the same channel.
What do i need to do?

thanks in advance :)

get a splitter and put on end of line going from the box to the TV then put one line from one of the two out ports to that TV and another to the bedroom... This will "mirror" the outputs.

Simple! :)

Like the 2nd one that says Radio Shack. Others may disagree but I've used cheapo ones with no problems. Walmart, the dollar store, etc.

Ed

Also, you'll probably want to get the UHF Pro Upgrade kit so you can control your receiver from the bedroom and yes, it'll work with your receiver (a 311). I used one some time back when I had the same receiver and it worked great. The Dish Store has 'em on their site or any retailer would have them.
Yer welcome.

Ed

Also, you'll probably want to get the UHF Pro Upgrade kit so you can control your receiver from the bedroom and yes, it'll work with your receiver (a 311). I used one some time back when I had the same receiver and it worked great. The Dish Store has 'em on their site or any retailer would have them.
Yer welcome.

Ed

No you won't need a UHF pro upgrade kit or whatever.... the simiple solution is to get two splitters, put one splitter off a 6inch jumper coming from TV2 and another 6inch jumper from the ant output to the splitter and then just hook up the original main lead from TV2 to the splitter and follow it back to the other room (if your having trouble changing channels or using the remote of course). At the room where TV2 line is running to you would then take that original lead into the splitter and hook the antenna on one side and another 6inch or ever how long you want to make it jumper to the TV and boom you've extended your antenna to that room.

neat little trick without running extra cable or wasting money on any UHF kit.

I was too cryptic. What I should have typed was, "The 311 does not have a UHF remote; only IR." Most recent Dish single-tuner receivers are IR-only. Surprise odd-ball is the VIP612 which counts as one tuner but has two, and which comes with a DishPro 6.3 remote capable of UHF or IR.

I was too cryptic. What I should have typed was, "The 311 does not have a UHF remote; only IR." Most recent Dish single-tuner receivers are IR-only. Surprise odd-ball is the VIP612 which counts as one tuner but has two, and which comes with a DishPro 6.3 remote capable of UHF or IR.

just remember that little trick...works great when you need to extend the UHF remote without spending alot of money :up

Thanks Krell-
That's what I was talking about. Nothing to do with getting OTA to the 2nd TV. :rolleyes:Been there, doing that as well.;) If he doesn't get a UHF upgrade kit or a IR repeater how's he gonna control the receiver from the bedroom...........

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts