I have a question about RSNs

dishnetimnext

Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
Chicago
I want to sign up for the 250 package. When I look at the channel line-up online, it shows many sports channels, will I get all of these, or just the Chicago (where I live) ones? Would I need to also sign up for the multi-sports package?
Also, what do blackouts mean? Will I be able to watch pro sports teams from all over the countries on these channels?

Sorry if these questions sound dumb

You would not be able to watch out of market pro sports or many college sports with the Multi=sport package. That is what packages like NHL Center Ice and NBA league pass are for. The R in RSN stands for REGIONAL. These sports networks only buy the regional broadcast rights for the teams they serve. They cannot show these games nationally without paying for those rights first. The leagues are responsible for this arrangement, not Dish or DirecTV. The leagues also get the lion's share of the fees paid for league packages.

See ya
Tony

On the Dish Network web site there is a local channels brokering page. Put in your address and it will show what OTA channels you qualify for along with the RSN's you will get as well.

Here is a link to the page.

So I will only get my regional channel out of all those listed in the sports section of that package?
Which ones are regional and which ones are national?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)