I have a question about what dish and stuff i need sorry to be a noob.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

suade907

Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
IL
My brother is building a house out of state and said I could use his directv service while he builds his new house. Once he's done he's gonna install it on the new house.

So long story short I have a HR21 receiver and want to know what dish I need and do I even need a multi switch? I'm running this only to this 1 receiver and will be using both the inputs on it for the DVR. Since this is only on one tv for a short time i'd like to only get what I need to make it work and not worry about expanding it later. I've read the install pdf on AU9 slimline dish itself and it says in the instructions I can run 2 RG6 cables straight to my receiver after the dish is mounted and setup.

My question is this true? Or do i need some sort of a multiswitch. I'd like to get all the hd programming since he has a killer satellite package.

Thanks in advance

My brother is building a house out of state and said I could use his directv service while he builds his new house. Once he's done he's gonna install it on the new house.

So long story short I have a HR21 receiver and want to know what dish I need and do I even need a multi switch? I'm running this only to this 1 receiver and will be using both the inputs on it for the DVR. Since this is only on one tv for a short time i'd like to only get what I need to make it work and not worry about expanding it later. I've read the install pdf on AU9 slimline dish itself and it says in the instructions I can run 2 RG6 cables straight to my receiver after the dish is mounted and setup.

My question is this true? Or do i need some sort of a multiswitch. I'd like to get all the hd programming since he has a killer satellite package.

Thanks in advance

There is a multiswitch built into the dish, so all you need to do is run two lines to the dvr. Simple, except for the setting up and aligning the dish part. That can be a bit difficult.

Ok thank you very much that is exactly what I needed to hear. I just ordered it from one of the advertisers on here. I might have it for the weekend. My kid will be excited to see Clone Wars in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts