Just Ordered a HD Receiver what the possibility of?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

homerofwar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
Saratoga Springs, NY
So I just ordered a new HD reciver from DTV, I got free isntallation, and $99 for the box no special deal onthe box, I work at best buy and could of gottin the box for $75 with my discount but, it would fo been $50 for the install and would of came out to the sme price.

Anyways my question is what are the chances of getting a H21 or H23, (both of these boxes have Internet support (Ethernet Port)and im guessing means they will have multi-room viewing with the Cutting edge software, correct?) Is there a good possibility of getting one of these boxes (the H21 or H23) on install day? I feel as if the H20 has been pretty much phased out.

So I just ordered a new HD reciver from DTV, I got free isntallation, and $99 for the box no special deal onthe box, I work at best buy and could of gottin the box for $75 with my discount but, it would fo been $50 for the install and would of came out to the sme price.

Anyways my question is what are the chances of getting a H21 or H23, (both of these boxes have Internet support (Ethernet Port)and im guessing means they will have multi-room viewing with the Cutting edge software, correct?) Is there a good possibility of getting one of these boxes (the H21 or H23) on install day? I feel as if the H20 has been pretty much phased out.
It just depends on what the tech has. The H20's are not phased out. Probably wont be. I put in 2 last week. If the tech brings in an H20-600, REFUSE it. They are junk and overheat. Just ask if he has any newer boxes, a litte cash incentive may help, I know that sounds shady, but the reason I say that is because we are suppose to rotate our stock,ie; older out first. and that may be what he grabs first. :cool:

Even if the H20's didn't have overheating issues I'd refuse one just because it doesn't have an ethernet port on it. That means you won't have access to some of the current features that require network connections and any future features coming down the road.

It just depends on what the tech has. The H20's are not phased out. Probably wont be. I put in 2 last week. If the tech brings in an H20-600, REFUSE it. They are junk and overheat. Just ask if he has any newer boxes, a litte cash incentive may help, I know that sounds shady, but the reason I say that is because we are suppose to rotate our stock,ie; older out first. and that may be what he grabs first. :cool:

haha hey its all good, Im always really nice to the installers.

Even if the H20's didn't have overheating issues I'd refuse one just because it doesn't have an ethernet port on it. That means you won't have access to some of the current features that require network connections and any future features coming down the road.

However he would have access to an OTA tuner if he does the OTA thing for locals.

Rad,
Never mind, I was thinking HR20's, they DO have network ability, but your right the H20's don't.

OP, wouldn't you rather have a HD DVR vs just a HD box as your main box ?

The H20-600 isn't junk. There were overheating issues with some of them. Those were recalled. The very early ones were VERY glitchy. The newer ones are quite good, and have the best ota tuner in any Directv box. That being said, Rad is correct. They have no ethernet port, therefore useless for some of the advanced features the H21 and H23 offer. They are phased out in the sense that they are no longer being made, but they are still available as refurbs from Directv.

The H20-600 isn't junk. There were overheating issues with some of them. Those were recalled. The very early ones were VERY glitchy. The newer ones are quite good, and have the best ota tuner in any Directv box. That being said, Rad is correct. They have no ethernet port, therefore useless for some of the advanced features the H21 and H23 offer. They are phased out in the sense that they are no longer being made, but they are still available as refurbs from Directv.
thats your opinion and you are entitled to it, but the newly refurbed one also over heat. yes the ones with the two stickers on the bottom. I wont argue about the OTA tuner, it will pick up stations without an antenna!

Yeah I really don't need OTA, I get all my locals in HD though Directv, so its not a big deal. But the Ethernet is very important, because I'm really only getting the box for the mult-iroom viewing, I currently have one HDDVR, and 2 standards, and Ive been hooking my laptop upto my hdtv in my bedroom and using Directv2PC to stream all the shows, its not fun laying in bed though and not fun having to get out of bed just to fast forward or play a new show at night lol

thats your opinion and you are entitled to it, but the newly refurbed one also over heat. yes the ones with the two stickers on the bottom. I wont argue about the OTA tuner, it will pick up stations without an antenna!

The one I have had for over two years has had zero issues.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts