I have a question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

creedon

Original poster
Jun 11, 2006
Hello everyone, I have a question for you. Is satellite Dish Network same as Direct TV? I am with Dish Network now. Can I cancell service and get Direct TV service as a new customer? Thanks,

Is it the same? It is a satellite-based service, the same as DirecTV, but Dish is not affiliated with DirecTV. So, yes, you could cancel Dish and go to DirecTV, it would mean scrapping all your receivers and dish and having all new equipment installed.

There are a great many discussions here as to who is better, but it comes down to opinions based on the different offerings of each company and the quality of their signals.

Thank you sheridan,

I was told that once you have satellite service and if I cancell the service, doesn't matter with who the company is, I will not able to get satellite service for 6 months. That's why I asked, if I cancell Dish Network satellite service, can I still get DirecTV service right away.

Never heard of that. The people one these boards have done just what you wnat to do and no one had a 6 month wait. Sounds like someone is feeding you a line a BS.

You might want to go ahead and sign up with DirecTV and get an installation scheduled, then wait until it is installed and working just fine before you cancel Dish.

But you can order DirecTV immediaely after cancelling Dish, if you want.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts