I Have Direct Tv Coming Tomorrow, Can someone help tell me what to say to these guys!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fulphil

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
I had direct tv without my locals for awhile cause the crappy rookie techs they kept sending out said they couldn't get the signal for 119. Well this went on for months and finally a senior tech came out and founf the line of sight and the signal from my fron yard but couldn't get signal 101. So they say the can run two 3 lnb dishes and get my locals 119 and the regular 101.
I say ok and they say the cost we be 224.00 dollars for the dish and the multi switch and labor. I say fine, and they install. They say to call directv and thewy might reimberse me for the trouble, anyway they do the job and the picture looked fine, until you take a look deeper, now I have a 26 Sharp Aquas LCD and the picture was noticeably grainey and digitizing. I had an old 40 hour samsung DVR and so they told me they would replace it and with the signal strenght that I was getting it would remedy the situation. So they send the same DVR just referbished and low and behold the same thing.
Next I call them again and the advance tech support goes through all the same things and tells me that they would send a tech out again maybe the multiswitch that they used (4x8) was bad and they would send another receiver just incase. So I go out and buy a new reciever the tech comes the next day and rewires and puts a whole new switch on it. Still the same thing. He says maybe it is the distance to the house and that they could block it on the corner and this might remedy the situation. New 80 mg DVR and same picture issue. Another tech come out and switches the multiswitch again and still have the same problem. I cannot get the picture crystal clear and clean like it was. I switched TV's as well and the issue still remained and the tech even said "you got to play with the color and the brightness with these things, cause all these locals and stuff around here suck" I said this never happened before.
Can some one please help me with this issue it would be greatly appreciated! Do I need to ask for two round two lnb dishes and a multi-switch? I need some help for tomorrow!

ok,
this i gotta hear!! you have TWO phase 3 dishes merged into one multiswitch:eek:

can you take pics of the multiswitch setup(s) and the dishes involved, this has to be one for the ages!

you COULD pull this off with a paratodos (using the 119 and 110 lnbs) and a remote 18 round dish, tying it all together at the house using a sat c combiner and a combining multiswitch.

BUT two phase 3s, i really think someone was a g**amned genius, ala forest gump:rolleyes:

IF i am wrong, please tell me what multiswitch he is using ???

I am using a 4x8 Multiswitch..and there are.........

2 oval dishes with the three lnb things on it...they have the multiswitch at the back of the house attached at the house and the have one dish in the fron yard getting the local 119 sat, and the one in the backyard is getting the 101 signal....the channels are clear sometimes and the othertimes they are grainey and full of weird digitized picture

dragon002 said:
ok,
this i gotta hear!! you have TWO phase 3 dishes merged into one multiswitch:eek:

can you take pics of the multiswitch setup(s) and the dishes involved, this has to be one for the ages!

you COULD pull this off with a paratodos (using the 119 and 110 lnbs) and a remote 18 round dish, tying it all together at the house using a sat c combiner and a combining multiswitch.

BUT two phase 3s, i really think someone was a g**amned genius, ala forest gump:rolleyes:

IF i am wrong, please tell me what multiswitch he is using ???

That setup works sometimes, and other times you have to use a round dish and a au2.

fulphil said:
2 oval dishes with the three lnb things on it...they have the multiswitch at the back of the house attached at the house and the have one dish in the fron yard getting the local 119 sat, and the one in the backyard is getting the 101 signal....the channels are clear sometimes and the othertimes they are grainey and full of weird digitized picture

You los wasn't that bad and both ODU's are fighting each other.

i STILL want to hear what multiswitch setup he has that has 10 inputs!!!

hes complaining that he has a fuzzy picture??? of WHAT??? a screen that says "searching for satellite signal"!!

and phil, this is NO reflection on you, at all.

can you post pics of the dishes and the multiswitches???

Last edited:
It is an aspen multi-swith 4X8

The tech came and he said he knew nothing of the problem with two oval dishes, he called his supervisor and they gave a song and dance, said the local channels in ct look like this and that is the problem....not the oval dishes. There is only 3 set ups in the state of ct like this the tech said.....my wife said she doesn't trust them at all....the picture comes in but it is ghosting and bleeding like i had rabbit ears on the damn thing!
resolution one of the supervisors is going to call me? He left i signed nothing, should i complain to direct tv? this seems like bs.....plus he told me that there are no round dishes in this state except for Greenwich CT cause they feed the NY sattlelite....that is a lie cause I was at the warehouse where the round dishes were certainly there! Some one help....also I will get my digital camera on tuesday I will take pics so that all could see and we can resolve this issue.

sounds like you have off air locals bleeding in on your large run of coax, is your set on channel 3, if so try changing the set output to channel 4, this is a large problem here in florida, the last chance is a notch filter at the recievers but that is a bit pricey for the home user.

Status
Please reply by conversation.