I hit 139 tonite-first ever!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
I didn't think it was possible for me, because of trees and a mountain to my west, but I just tried a scan on 137 for the Alaska Hockey game, and scanned in some radio channels that listed as Dial Global, about 4 channels I think. Couldn't hear anything on them but I never was able to pick up anything that far west. The snow apparently moved my motor positions a little, before I cleaned out the dish Monday, or it was just that since the trees have lost their leaves I am able to look that far west with my 10' dish. Too bad there didnt' seem to be any video channels on it. I did cancel the scan when I realized I was too far west, maybe I will try again after the hockey game. Go Seawolves!

Turbo, I get 139W as well looks like I'm shootin thru the trees across the road.....look around more radio channels are there too. Try 4033V 10125, 4111V 5000, 4125V 5790,
and 4157V 13125. They don't always have programs on them if I remember right....Blind

Dial Global has about 30 audio PIDS...scroll through them

I like 1208 audio PID....good classic country (same as a local AM daytimer that I listen to in the truck) :)

I put my 7.5 footer back further in my yard, and on a taller pole than my 10ft purposely, to get down to all the western birds that the 10ft can't see. (It's in the trees below about 131w) The 7.5 has no trouble at 139. I can get some of my favorite talk hosts on Dial Global, that the local crappy talk station here (96.5FM) doesn't carry.

It was weird for me to be getting any signal off that one, I already had to cut a 30' cedar down about 2yrs ago just to un-block 137W, but that looked like the absolute limit for the trees and mountains around to my west. The dish looks like its pointed straight into the woods when its on 137, lol, but I get Alaska hockey just fine, and used to get the NASA channels before they took them off.

For me 137W is the limit before the Catskill Mountains get in the way and even that is tough with the bare trees in my LOS right now. I can barely keep a watchable lock on the S2 RTV-TUFF channels on 137.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)