I hope someone could answer this

Status
Please reply by conversation.

urnote96

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 24, 2004
I hope someone could answer this questoin about sharing Service

Ok here maybe a question that is in the wrong place...

How does Directv know that i have my receiver in my house. I am saying if i had my Main Reciever at my house hooked to a phone line, could i have another one across town at a friends house hooked up to his phone line and share the account and split the cost. Yes i understand that there would be a mirror charge but is this possible?

If you're connecting the receivers to a phone line, when the box calls home, D* will be able to see the phone number that it's calling from. Doesn't matter that you have caller ID blocked, they will be able to see the number. If the numbers don't match they could catch you that way since they say multiple receivers are to be connected to the same phone line.

so if they really looked you could also say that you have mulitple phone lines in the house couldnt you

urnote96 said:
so if they really looked you could also say that you have mulitple phone lines in the house couldnt you

Not according to thier terms and conditions:

(f) Additional Receivers. If you add additional receivers to your account, you may purchase a separate subscription for each one. Or, if all your receivers are continuously connected to the same land-based phone line, we can "mirror" the programming from your primary receiver to your additional receivers and charge you only the additional receiver fee amount described in Section 2. Pay per view programming cannot be mirrored and can be viewed only on the receiver for which it is purchased.

OK thanks for your help. Have a great day

OBTW DIRECTV with TIVO ROCKS

I have had two receivers for over two years and have yet to hook one of them up to my phone line. So you don't really have to hook it up.

You can have them in different towns, just don't hook the second one up to a phone line. The Main box can be hooked up. You can't order PPV using the remote for the secondary one and if you need support you may run into some issues especially if they ask you to look at the other one. Yes is against the terms but my neighbor said he hasn't hooked his into a phone line in 6 yrs.

Sorry but I have to ask, why do people think that it's OK to steal service like this? Why don't you just go out an get a hacked card and then you don't have to pay anything at all? Do you also go to self serve gas stations, fill up and drive off without paying?

This is considered by D* to be theft of service and you are violating your contracts by doing so. This type of discussion is not allowed here at SatelliteGuys.....Thread closed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts