I installed a 35x26 Channel Master Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rappy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 11, 2004
Sullivan, Maine
because where I live in Maine I could only get 55 on Satellite 110. I now get 88 on the new dish. However, the 88 is on transponder 8. On transponder 10 I get 45 and on transponder 12 I get 57. What could be reasons for such a drop among the transponders? Also, which channels are on 10 and 12? Since I have an HD receiver, any information would be helpful. Previously, I had trouble on Channels 78, 74, and 70. All the other HD channels were fine. Apparently, 78, 74 and 70 are on satellite 110.

If memory serves me correctly, both of those Transponders are local spotbeams. Do not worry about them. In all likelihood, your locals (if available) are on a different transponder and/or satellite.

gor88 said:
If memory serves me correctly, both of those Transponders are local spotbeams. Do not worry about them. In all likelihood, your locals (if available) are on a different transponder and/or satellite.

These are NOT spotbeams, as 110 is NOT a spotbeam bird.
It carries some of the HD channels Rappy uses, (as well as Chinese prog) so he definately SHOULD be worried. ;) ;)

Rappy - as far as why you are getting such a low signal, it seems to me you've got a problem in your system, such as a bad LNB, bad/improperly wired combiner, or bad switch. One thing you might want to check - are you SURE that the 110 LNB is going to the correct side of the B/C combiner, AND that the combiner output is going to the correct side of your switch? It does make a difference.

iThanks for the info.

I already checked the input from Sat C to the B/C combiner and that connection is correct. I will go down to the crawl space under my house tomorrow to check the connection to the Multiswitch. I will reversed the two B inputs and see if it makes a difference. I will let you know tomorrow what I find out. Thanks.

Oops, I didn't read the post closely enough. Yeah, if the TPs are on 110 and the dish is peaked on the 101 satellite, you probably have a bad LNB or multiswitch causing low signal on the 110 TPs.

I reversed b input connections on the switch and got no signal, so apparently I have a bad LNB or multiswitch. Now I have to find out which one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Combine/uncombine two signals from multiswitch

Help Please!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)