I just order D* and I am wondering if I got the 'right' equipment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Paradox-SJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
San Jose, California
Just placed an order for service and will have the install next Tuesday morning.

I asked for an HR34/HR24 and a HD receiver.

Is this their top-o-da-line equipment these days?

They also said I could receive a $100.00 credit and someone else would also receive if I got there account number?? Does anyone know what this means and what I need to do to get this credit?

Thanks in adv.

That's the referral offer. I am sure you will get tons of PMs with people wanting you to take them up :)

Yes the HR34 and HR24 will be the latest. I have a HR34, HR24, and 2 H25s. Love the equipment. We all love it as it is miles ahead of the 2 722s we used to have with Dish.

Do you think I can get them to give me an AM21 OTA tuner or do people have to buy those themselves?

I have heard it both ways. Just depends on who you get on the phone I guess and plead a good case that you need one. Otherwise they are 50 bucks.

Do you think I can get them to give me an AM21 OTA tuner or do people have to buy those themselves?

I have heard it both ways. Just depends on who you get on the phone I guess and plead a good case that you need one. Otherwise they are 50 bucks.

I didn't have any luck talking to them about a AM21.

I explained that I was replacing a HR20-700 (has built in OTA tuner), and getting the new HR24's left me with LESS than I had with the older equipment.

They didn't seem to want to comp or send one out for me without the $ 50 fee.

I called Claude at Dishstore and had one the next day.

i got it from directv at half price awhile back. i would try asking them first before paying full price anywhere else.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)