I just want the Super Bowl in HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Chuck, this must seem like a cake walk after all the issues you had with WBBM-DT back in Chicago? If you ever peek in on the Chicago OTA section over at AVSFORUM you'll see folks are still fighting the battle on getting a signal, even the D* feed has been having issues lately.

You are right. But I can assure your they are working hard to get past the problems. I believe BBM has another HD channel to go to after the transition in 2009 that will resolve the vast majority of the issues they face today on channel 3. Trust me, they want it to work too.

Well, I can confirm that I am outside of the spotbeam and I live near Hyco lake, which is >10 mi north of 40/85 and just west of 15/501. Does this mean I am out of luck until they launch a new satellite? Is there a neighboring spot beam that I might be able to pick up -- Greensboro or Roanoke/Danville? Is there a way to change which spot beam I "belong" to? Sorry if these are dumb questions... As the title of this thread stated, I also just want the Super Bowl in HD.

I haven't checked, but I don't think Roanoke /Danville has HD-LIL from D* - and would be surprised if they had. Can't you pick up WRAL OTA - I wouldnt think you would have any issues from Hyco Lake.

I can't get an OTA signal greater than about 30% out of any of the Raleigh networks -- I don't know if it is terrain or what. I have a pretty good sized directional antennae on the roof and a preamp... I receive all of the networks OTA from Roanoke/Lynchburg pretty well, except CBS. I might have to check into replacing my antennae with a CM 4228. I definitely prefer the OTA signals anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cleveland OH HD locals

New Dish Setup /HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)