I lost my inclinometer today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirectDishNet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Davenport Iowa
I had a nice Suunto Inclinometer that I had for many years. It is now missing. I looked all over the place for it. Back tracked to the last 3 houses I remember using it at. Cleaned out my truck looking for it and it just no where to be found.
If anybody finds it would you please PM me?

Went to ebay and checked the prices and found that they have not come down in price over the years. I paid $150 three years ago and they are still going for $150-$200 :eek:

Any suggestions on a good alternative? Don't have an iphone so the dishpointer ap is out of the question.

Is there anyway that the satelliteguys could group together and organize a National Inclinometer Search Party?

I have a bad habit of leaving tools on the back of my work truck, specifically Buckingham skinning knives and Klein 9"pliers. Sorry about your loss... It sucks showing up for a job and not finding a tool you rely on daily.:( On the other hand, there was one for sale on Craigslist here for $150 not too long ago, but I don't think the guy was willing to ship it.

I'm lucky with mine, but I only have a cheap one. And, I don't use it making a living. Can always find mine where I left it stuck on the side of a dish pole in the yard.

Great Scotts!

That has to be one fantastic inclinometer! I want to see this baby and for that kind of money, I sure hope you find it soon! That's not something you want to lose.

I just looked it up on google. Was yours the Tandem or the PM-5? I guess either one or anything similar would make you sick to lose it. If it's any consolation, maybe you left it at someone's home and a kid picked it up. That kid is now up in a treehouse designing a carbon fiber elevator to place man in space with it! And you helped him do it!

Uh, that doesn't make you feel any better, huh? Sorry.

RADAR

Last edited:
I lost one in a dirty nasty crawl space several years ago. Just the thought of having to go down there and potentially not being able to locate it, forced me give up and simply buy a new one!

But unless you find an installer getting out of the business the prices do not go down very much and they do hold their value.

Just curious how does the Aimfast Af-1 compare to the Suunto? You can get them for $110 or so new.
Bob

Sure am glad I've only got the cheapo one from the big box store. It remains on the back of the mount on my cband 24/7. Hope you find your's. Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts