i love this forum

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shaun-ohio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
ohio
alot better then dbstalk or dbsforums, very helpful for info on voom and upcoming programming, i am getting mine installed the end of this month, i cant wait to get it, my question is since there is no dvr out yet, how do you all record these programs? just on a vcr or if i buy a dvd recorder will it give me pic clarity and dd playback the same as voom receiver, i already have a 55 in high def tv, thanks guys and gals for allowing me to become a part of this great group, also does anyone know how i can view a rear pic of the receiver would like to know what outputs, etc are on the rear of it, also while im on the question block, do they have ppv also? i never see any listed in the program guide?

shaun-ohio said:
alot better then dbstalk or dbsforums, very helpful for info on voom and upcoming programming

Thanks...

i am getting mine installed the end of this month, i cant wait to get it, my question is since there is no dvr out yet, how do you all record these programs? just on a vcr or if i buy a dvd recorder will it give me pic clarity and dd playback the same as voom receiver, i already have a 55 in high def tv, thanks guys and gals for allowing me to become a part of this great group,

You may use a vcr or dvd recorder both are still analog yet you might want to read these two threads that talk about recording digitally through component with replaytv.

DVD Recorders to use with VOOM?

The Panasonic HS2 with VOOM

also does anyone know how i can view a rear pic of the receiver would like to know what outputs, etc are on the rear of it

Check this thread it has a lot of pictures of the receiver:

Inside the VOOM Box!

My Voom Installation

Voom Overall Review First Few Hours

Specifically what you are looking for:
Back of receiver

also while im on the question block, do they have ppv also? i never see any listed in the program guide?

Now---No. But VOOM will have it for sure. There might be two HD PPV channels for movies with Playboy-HD and Spice-HD as PPV as well.

sean: thanks much for the info i forgot i have an 80 hr replaytv dvr along with my directv/tivo looks like i will be recording with the replaytv until a hd dvr comes out for voom, the replaytv has component out plugs which i have connected to my hdtv now, very good pic quality i can only imagine what the pic quality will be with voom recordings on it, the replaytv has dd output for the audio but so far it wont record in dd , thanks again, shaun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts