I "moved" about 1 year ago and my account is now referred to Directv fraud department.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks. Don't care about the locals, I use an antenna and HTPC for those. Only concern is which RSNs are available since I'll want the CU games when college football and basketball starts, but they were usually on other FSNs last year that are most likely in the SF area. But, I guess I can move back when the season starts.

Local Regional Sports Network Information

I'm not as sure as everyone else is, on this one. Why would D* tag **2** paying customers at an address? Would think they would encourage this practice? :D

probably something in the computers at D*

But if there is already an account at an address for me as a "mover" and say you call in and want the kick butt deals and your address is the same then they (D*) think you already have service and cant get the discounts then

SO, I'm a newbie at this. I'm currently legitimately moving 9 miles away. But this 9 miles puts me out of the Richmond market and into the Charlottesville VA market, where there is no locals. (very dumb.)

I called for the "move service" today, and got upgraded to the HMC and added a 3rd receiver for my new place. But he told me no more locals.

Personally I think this is ridiculous that Dish has locals, and DirecTV doesn't. So i'm thinking about "moving" into my mom's basement in a month or so. Should I call directv to get their move service, and cancel the service order or just tell them when i "move" to my mom's house that there's already a dish set up there and to change my billing/service address? Is there any other advice I need to be aware of before I make this terrible decision to "move" back in with mom?

Just call and tell them to change your SERVICE address to your moms, you do not have to go into any details, and most likely they wont ask. If they do, just tell them that there is already a dish, the receivers are already hooked up, and you just need to get your address changed for locals to be turned on.
Be sure to leave your BILLING address as it currently is.

msmith, thanks for the advice, but what's the deal with the billing address? I have my bills auto-debiting. I don't care if the billing statements go to my moms... is there something I'm missing?

msmith, thanks for the advice, but what's the deal with the billing address? I have my bills auto-debiting. I don't care if the billing statements go to my moms... is there something I'm missing?
Since you are using your moms it is not as big of a deal. If you were using a made up or real address where you did not know the occupant it could lead to problems if they sent mail to that address as often there may be personal info on it.

When I lived in Bangor PA which had Philly locals I believe, I 'moved' into my mom's to get the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton PA locals. No issues, changed Billing and Service address, called up mom, said Yo ma, you be gettin some bills in my name, just shred them, oh and dont sign up for d*. She said "Okay Jim, when you comin' home for some pasketti, nana misses you. I said not sure ma, these new boss's are like sharks... Need to make my sales... She said, need me send dad to whack them? I said aww no ma... but make me that plate of spagetti. Ill be home in a few hours.

But anyway, I just made the phone call and they did it no problem. I didnt get any mover's deals though.

If the address you used to "move" is a legit address and someone moves in there and signs up that would show a red flag.

Thats why its best to make sure the address you use has NO WAY of being used other than by you. Thats why you add an apt # or use the # of the house off by a smidge ;)

That's what I did ;)

It seems like it is a lot more difficult to "move" on DirecTV than it is with Dish, seems like they really nail things down while Dish could not care less.

Just have to get the right CSR at Directv to help with your "move", pack your bags, and you're good to go :)

Went ahead and got my move done this morning. Moved from Colorado to the San Francisco area. Main reason was to watch the Giants games - lot cheaper than MLB. Everything seems to be set up fine and I'll be watching a game in an hour. One thing that I didn't anticipate is that my local RSNs are Altitude and Root Rocky Mountain. As expected, Altitude is not available, but I am still getting RTRM. If this stays this way, it'll be perfect and I won't have to move back when college football starts since my CU games are all on RTRM. Anyone have any idea how this happened?

You can add the sports pack if you want and you should get all the college games regardless of where you are at. Premier already includes this if you got that package.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)