I "moved" but am not getting locals

Spatch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Northeast, PA
I called Dish about 2 hours ago and and changed my account address to Greentown , PA but I asked them not to change my billing address. I have since reset both of my receivers and have done a switch check twice. I have also logged into my account on dish's website and it shows the correct addresses. Still no new locals and I am still getting my old locals.
Should I call dish back and tell them I am not getting the new locals or should I wait? If so how long should I wait? Any help would be appreciated.

I told them I moved to Greenstown but would still like to get the bills mailed to my original address.
The CSR said no problem. After the account was updated she said I should see the new local channels in 10 to 15 minutes.
My address on the website is in the new DMA but my billing address is where I actually live

three options here .. one they didnt do the transfer right..
two the area you are in may take a different or second dish
three something may not be installed correctly

I am guessing it is they didn't do the transfer correctly. I belive I have the correct dishes. This location is only 50 miles from where I live. I don't know what could be installed wrong that would cause me to not get the new channels.

Are you trying to get Pittsburgh locals? If so, you may be screwed like me, if I read my "moving" thread correctly, since they're on the 118° sat and I don't have a 500+.

No NY, NY locals the address does show as getting NY,NY locals on dish's site. I am pointed at the correct satellites I have 119, 110 and 61.5.
The channels are just not showing up. I guess I will call them back.

No NY, NY locals the address does show as getting NY,NY locals on dish's site. I am pointed at the correct satellites I have 119, 110 and 61.5.
The channels are just not showing up. I guess I will call them back.

Are you trying for the sd or the HD locals? Never mind, shouldn't matter, NY sd's are either on 119 or 110 and the HD are on 61.5, only a few are on spotbeam. If they have not shown up yet, call back and have them rehit the receiver.

Are you trying for the sd or the HD locals? Never mind, shouldn't matter, NY sd's are either on 119 or 110 and the HD are on 61.5, only a few are on spotbeam. If they have not shown up yet, call back and have them rehit the receiver.

Thanks, I just called them they said "You are still getting your locals from your old address...would you like the new ones."
Duh! I asked them yes please can I have the new locals and they returned with "which locals are you trying to get?" I said the NY,NY and they stated yes that is correct we are having some problems give us 15 minutes and they will be turned on.

Ok, This is getting annoying. It has been about 45 minutes I have done a switch check reset the receiver and I am still getting Wilkes Barre/ Scranton locals. I again checked the address with dish website and it does say Congratulations! This address is eligible for the:
New York, NY Local Network Package
But still no channels. I have verified that I get a signal on 119 transponder 20 so that is not the problem. Any clues? Or did I get another idiot CSR.

Ok, This is getting annoying. It has been about 45 minutes I have done a switch check reset the receiver and I am still getting Wilkes Barre/ Scranton locals. I again checked the address with dish website and it does say Congratulations! This address is eligible for the:
New York, NY Local Network Package
But still no channels. I have verified that I get a signal on 119 transponder 20 so that is not the problem. Any clues? Or did I get another idiot CSR.

Call them back. I had a problem similiar to what you are going through. I called and called and finally..it dawned on me. When I call them..keep them online or with you on the phone UNTIL the locals ACTUALLY show up so they will not hand it off to whoever next. Pisses them off..but you get what you want. Call them back...get them on the line..tell em its been X amount of minutes. Ask them whats going on? If they say its sent..tell them "ok hold on until I verify."

There you go.

Call them back. I had a problem similiar to what you are going through. I called and called and finally..it dawned on me. When I call them..keep them online or with you on the phone UNTIL the locals ACTUALLY show up so they will not hand it off to whoever next. Pisses them off..but you get what you want. Call them back...get them on the line..tell em its been X amount of minutes. Ask them whats going on? If they say its sent..tell them "ok hold on until I verify."

There you go.

I took your advice and that worked. Thank you.
Funny thing is this time the CSR said there you go you should be able to get local HD channels now, I hope you enjoy them. The first CSR asked if I wanted to keep my old billing address. Instead of asking me If I wanted to change my billing address to the new one. And the 2nd asked me what locals I was trying to get. I wonder how many "moving" calls they get everyday. I am sure most of them have caught on by now.

I am not sure what you mean by check for signal? Another member from my area said that he gets his HD locals this way.

Not sure of your exact location nor the locals you are trying to get but folks have "moved" without even bothering to see if they are getting signal from the beam they moving into. Some folks have even moved without checking to see if that town actually has HD locals. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts