i need a installer bad, haven't had luck with c band ku band lnb on the big dish though

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

batzzz19

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2009
los angeles
this is where im at / ORANGE COUNTY
mission viejo, ca

i got the following

i got it on a temporary pole before i know its the right location
because of my big yard

so i have the ws international 6 foot polar mount dish
dmx741 standard lnb
harl actuator 24
dbs 3500 receiver
and lucky enought i have a birdog plus

and yes i haven't been able to do it myself
because i cant get any quality on satmex5 c or ku

i need some help on aiming the dish with the actuator

and cable run underground for small piece of yard from house

i am planning to buy the cable with the components cable runs together for 100
on a 1000 reel

so so far i don't have appropiate mounting with the 2 1/2 thick pole
and i don't have the cable

but i plan to see my location first to mount with cable

email me or reply here at batzzz19 at hotmail.com

thanks

mission viejo, ca. puts you near 33N so your Modified declination should be 4.79 degrees. And 117W, so your "South satellite " would be 116W(Satmex 5) Adjust your mount Latitude angle to look like the attached pic, with the actuator holding the dish at it's highest. Confirm that your declination* is close. Watch for a 116W TP (3720 V 27000 is a good one) as you slowly rotate the mount on the pole(do not use the actuator). Adjust the polar mount elevation, and CW/CCW rotation of the mount, to peak the Q. Now use the actuator to find satellites away from center, and adjust the rotation of the mount on the pole to peak the Q, Do not adjust elevation, just actuator and mount rotation(azimuth). When you've peaked the last satellite on the arc, lock down the mount on the pole. return to your south satellite and re-check Q level.
*declination = The difference between the polar axis angle and the dish angle, when at the highest point. Aim to get this as close as possible.

Attachments

• polar_mount_pic.jpg
    polar_mount_pic.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 196
First, you mention that you don't have a proper mount for this dish?? If you're working with a post that is NOT PLUMB, then you're in trouble from the start for anything but a fixed dish on one satellite. Pretty much everything you get from us here will be based on a plumb mounting post.

Second, it's been my experience that declination angles don't necessarily work correctly as both my dishes needed something different than what I started out with. Those settings might be good for a starting point but that's about it IMHO.

Third, I'm located on 37N so I'll look at my two dishes today and give you those angles to see how they compare with what you are using now.

Fourth, that 6 foot dish "might" not be good enough for Cband and on the Ku side you better have that LNBF polarity and F/D set correctly also. If you'll look at "The List" up at the top of the page you'll likely see a transponder listed there that has a good strong signal for you to lock in on. If you're trying to lock a Ku bird, then the 22Hz switch needs to be activated in order to switch the LNBF to Ku. That or you will have to have the coax run directly into the Ku end of that LNBF in order for it to get power.

Last, when tweaking the LNBF sometimes small changes will get you big results so any movements should be in small increments, ie, 1/32 to 1/16 inch at a time on both rotation and or F/D. It would be good to make a mark on the LNBF with a pen or pencil at your starting point for both rotation and depth so you will have a reference to work from.

Lets see what others come up with.

Hello Gents
I am in the same area as the Batzzz19, have the same dish also.
regarding the actuator arm, when the dish is set to my true south, 116.8 sat, if I just connect the actuator which according to what I been reading we should place the Arm on the left side of the dish ( east side ) the actuator tube in the middle is all the way back, if I apply power to the arm there is no way is going to move east, How do you set up the Arm when you are pointing at true south or zenith?
I hope I am not kidnapping this thread, but both of us are in the same set up stage and any ideas can benefit both of us.
thanks in advance.
regards.
Chewie

If your actuator(assembled on the east side) is retracted all the way, the dish should be all the way to the east. (west side=all the way west) Extend the actuator to place the dish in the middle, or highest point, to locate your south sat.

Hello all
thanks for the information Fat Air, the best I gotten so far that makes sense, nice and easy, this should be posted on FAQ.
Regards.
Chewie

Chewie1 where are u near me

i've got some ideas
how to get this to work

but would like to share them with you through a conversation over the phone

maybe or yes we can help each other

let me know and i will pm you my number

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)