I need a new HDTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
robrient@kc.rr.com said:
Nope Plasma is by far the best thing going for the price.

ONLY in your opinion, I can get BIGGER (double the size), and equal or better for the same cost with a fully HD FPTV. Plasma is still overly priced for the WOW factor of its thiness. 50" for $3000 just don't cut it for REAL a home theater. You can even get a bigger RPTV for less money with as good a picture.

robrient@kc.rr.com said:
Yes you will pay more, but won't get a better product, in the old CRT days Sony was the best and many people cling to the old days. But in reality they just don't make a nice plasma TV. I have never seen a Sony Plasma Ranked very high and in fact Sony isn't and never has focused on Plasma. They are moving towards some form of advance LCOS, I think they are calling them SXDR or something. This SXDR shows promise for the future, but they are around $10,000 now.

Nope Plasma is by far the best thing going for the price.

Acually, In the next few weeks, you CAN find some very nice XBR, LCOS technology being used in the 50 and 60" (also 42", I think) for very reasonable prices.

Sony has dropped thier prices to reflect the current market.

Jimbo

Without a comprehensive survey such as by Consumer Reports, repair reports will be anecdotal at best. Suppose that RCA is the most popular TV brand in homes. Would you to repair your $150 25-27" RCA TV. Probably not, you would just go buy another one. Now on the other hand would you invest time/money into repairing your $1100 32-36" Sony. I think you would at least check it out. The repair company only sees the Sony, they must be bad then (in their eyes).

For my suggestion, I'd be looking at new 1080p Mistubishi DLP sets, they come in 52" & 63" then 52" is well within your budget range & the 63" would be at the high end at $3300.

rmmrph said:
For my suggestion, I'd be looking at new 1080p Mistubishi DLP sets, they come in 52" & 63" then 52" is well within your budget range & the 63" would be at the high end at $3300.
I got a brief glimpse at the 62" 1080p at Sears while on my lunch break today. Looked pretty nice. It's definitely worth considering. I don't remember for sure but I believe the price they listed was $3900. Sound and Vision mag. has a review of the 52" in this month's issue.

I had a Mistubishi 50" Big Screen for 5 years and its the best picture I seen on a SD big screen, The only problem if something ever happens to it out of warranty no one will fix it. Mistubishi charges money from the repairman to get the repair books and all the repairman I talked to said they won't even mess with Mistubishi or NEC, they used to be the only providers of there parts also so they could charge anything they wanted for the parts since the repairman couldn't get the parts anywhere else they were screwed. Just a thought......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)