I need a new Receiver! HELP!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lodi25

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 25, 2009
Stockton, CA
My old HR-21-200 just died on me and I am a "MOVER"! Any suggestions? If I call DirecTV and ask them to send me a new receiver to my billing address will that sound kind of weird?

All depends.

If your on the protection plan, they should replace the receiver for free.
You might be eligible for a new HD DVR, just sign a new 2 year agreement.
If not, I think your going to have to shell out $200 for a new one.

Generally they will not drop ship a HD DVR, it usually has to be installed.

Every time I call DirecTV for something, they always tell me I am eligible for a free HD-DVR, but I always decline. I was looking at DirecTV.com and it looks like you can send it to any address you want. It's about $150 without instillation. I'm also looking at solidsignal.com

yes they will ship it to your billing address. When my R15 died out they sent the replacement (an R22...woo hoo!) to the billing address

You just need to be firm and verify it...twice

I'm seeing $199 for a new HD DVR. Self install must be a new thing, because I did not have this option available on the HD DVR I got last year.

Here is a brand new HR24 on eBay for $145 shipped. Seller only has 19 feedback, but all are positives.

NEW HR24 HD/DVR RECEIVER | eBay

If I call DirecTV and ask them to send me a new receiver to my billing address will that sound kind of weird?
nope. I've had a recovery kit (when you remove receiver form account) shipped to billing address
had a receiver shipped to billing address (above post)

The only thing I couldnt have done at the billing address was upgrading to HD. Had to "move" back (but even played that cool and asked what address they showed. When they gave me the moved I said "oh that is the wrong address. Let me give you the right one" ;)

3 time "mover" and 1 time mover (back to the house) with D*

Thanks Iceberg! Hey I got a question, when you order new receivers from DirecTV without instillation is it a used receiver or a new one? I remember years ago they send out only used receivers, but that was a long time ago.

if you go through Directv its unknown. My R22 was refurbished but looked new.
If you buy from a dealer like solidsignal they are new new

Thanks for the help, all call DirecTV first and see what they say. If that dose not work, then all go with solidsignal then.

if the receiver is dead why not let Directv replace it for free?

But be very adamant that it wont power on at all (even if it does tell them it doesnt. The R15 I had the remote sensor was crap and I knew they wouldnt replace it unless I said it was dead)

Looks like I'm going to go with solidsignal. When I called the lady said I was in fact eligible for a free DVR upgrade but that wanted $50.00 for installation. I asked about just sending me a new receiver in the mail without installation, she said I can't do that. I said no thanks and hug up!

coinmaster32 said:
All depends

Generally they will not drop ship a HD DVR, it usually has to be installed.

Not true ....
I've had plenty of Hr Dvrs drop shipped to my home.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Lodi25 said:
Looks like I'm going to go with solidsignal. When I called the lady said I was in fact eligible for a free DVR upgrade but that wanted $50.00 for installation. I asked about just sending me a new receiver in the mail without installation, she said I can't do that. I said no thanks and hug up!

Solid Signal is a good choice, I've used them, always been prompt service.

You might also want to check out Claude at the "Dish Store" a forum member here.

call back again and see what they say....CSR roulette can work for ya

call back again and see what they say....CSR roulette can work for ya

I already put a order in with solidsignal, but we do have 2 DVRs, so I might try it again later this week just for the hell of it. When I called the lady on the phone sounded "older" and kind of slow. Hopefully when I call in to activate the new receiver and deactivate the old receiver it won't be a problem to send the recovery box (if I have to send it back) to my "billing address".

Hopefully when I call in to activate the new receiver and deactivate the old receiver it won't be a problem to send the recovery box (if I have to send it back) to my "billing address".
you'll be fine. They'll send it to billing

Hey all,

Im new to all of this. I have an HR20-700 that is slow and buggy and according to DirecTV its working just fine... :(

When I threatened to cancel they did ship me a free HR23 but I would have to sign a new 2 year contract. Im really not interested in a new contract unless Im getting the best they have to offer. Is there any way for me to outright purchase an HR24?

Thanks,
Ben

Not true ....
I've had plenty of Hr Dvrs drop shipped to my home.

My apologies, they do now drop-ship HD DVRs. When I got mine over a year ago, they did not have the option.

I am going to have mine installed. Only took 2 days for the installer to come out, would of took 5 for it to of been shipped!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)