I need a new Receiver! HELP!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My apologies, they do now drop-ship HD DVRs. When I got mine over a year ago, they did not have the option.

I am going to have mine installed. Only took 2 days for the installer to come out, would of took 5 for it to of been shipped!

I've had HD DVR's shipped to me for the last 5 years whenever I've needed one.
Normally they will drop ship it.
I think it may have something to do with how long you've been with them, the 1st year they want to send someone out to make sure everything is working correctly.

I just had a new HD dropped shipped along with a replacement referb HD DVR which is now dead and i can dot get the higher level of tech support to return my call

Update! I got my new Hr24-500 from solidsignal.com and its activated and working good! They had no problem sending the recovery box for my old receiver to my billing address. I was so worried they would ask questions but they did not! They even gave me HBO free for 3 months. The only weird part was at first they wanted to know were I got the receiver from, since I did not get it from them.

Hey all,

Im new to all of this. I have an HR20-700 that is slow and buggy and according to DirecTV its working just fine... :(

When I threatened to cancel they did ship me a free HR23 but I would have to sign a new 2 year contract. Im really not interested in a new contract unless Im getting the best they have to offer. Is there any way for me to outright purchase an HR24?

Thanks,
Ben

Th

This always strikes me as odd...you buy service from d* and the box breaks within the two year agreement you have to pay 149 and extend your agreement for another 2 years (from date of activation?)....unless you are willing to pay $6 per month for the protection plan. But if you cannot afford a new box and did not have the protection plan, you still have to pay for service you can no longer receive? Does that sound right or do I miss understand?

I agree. What does the protection plan really cover? Can you add it when a box goes possibly?
ThThis always strikes me as odd...you buy service from d* and the box breaks within the two year agreement you have to pay 149 and extend your agreement for another 2 years (from date of activation?)....unless you are willing to pay $6 per month for the protection plan. But if you cannot afford a new box and did not have the protection plan, you still have to pay for service you can no longer receive? Does that sound right or do I miss understand?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts