Status
Please reply by conversation.

NE8E

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
Mid Michigan
I am looking for a free-to-air card for a computer. PCI is prefered, but x16 would be okay too. What brands are good? What do I need to look for? What should I avoid?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

I will be using old DirecTV dishes with no motors. Just manual switching is fine with me. I watch very little TV. I do need to record, so I can watch on MY schedule, not on the network schedule. I would like to pick up PBS and History. If I could get Discovery, G4, FOX, and ABC, that would just be a happy bonus! :D Oh, and HD is definately prefered.

Thank You!

My preference is a USB unit. But I recently purchased the Hauppauge Nova S2 (DVBS2) PCI tuner. I am fairly happy with it. Twinhan and TBS make a PCIe version I know of. An important point to consider is, what software are you going to use with it? You have to make sure the device is supported by your software. DTV dishes are doable but certainly lacking for good FTA performance, and you need different LNBFs anyway. It's tough trying to be satisfied with what you get knowing, with some better equipment you would get more ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)