I Need Help, Installing a Titanium ASC1

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think you have solved one of my problems Gpflepsen.
I thought it was 58 but obviously I am wrong.
Do you have any idea what it might be????
If the ground is zero how far up would it have to read on
the inclinometer to equal 58 degrees?

OK, now I think I have an idea what you are trying to do.... Are you trying to rotate the dish east using the Uniden and the actuator motor until the elevation angle of the dish is the same as the satellite located at the orbital slot 58 degrees West (IntelSat 21)?

If so, for your location, the dish elevation angle when aimed at Intelsat 21 located at 58w will be 46.7 degrees. This elevation angle will be read on the face of the dish from top to bottom or top to bottom on the on the dish mount ring. Here is the calculation from www.dishpointer.com for your zip code.

shanklej_58w_Satellite.jpg

The dish elevation angle for the top of the arc for your location is 56 degrees, so I also have no clue what you are measuring to measure an elevation of 58 degrees. Where are you placing the inclinometer to read 58 degrees?

When we say a dish is pointed at 58W, we are talking about the Longitude of the physical location of the dish over the equator. It has nothing to do with any angle on your dish.
Starting with the Prime Meridian line which goes over the UK and is at 0 degrees. Each line of Longitude represents an increase of 15 degrees, either West or East. As there are 360 degrees on a compass, there are 180 degrees to the West, and 180 degrees to the East. Satellites are in orbit over Earth's equator, at a specific location such as 58 degrees West. The red arrow shows the approximate location of the satellites at 58 degrees West. I hope this helps you to wrap your brain around it.
worldmapS.gif

Reactions: Titanium
7-27 6:00 o'clock est
Thanks again.
I will try the 46.7 on the inclinometer tomorrow to position the dish at 58W.

I'm curious...

Can you position the dish with the actuator so it's pointed at 58w? You can get fairly close by aiming the lnb center support pole at the satellite's azimuth (140 degrees from North or 50 degrees East of South). Step back 20-30 feet and take a picture from straight out in front of the dish looking back at the dish and post it here.

Thank you for responding gpflepsen.
I used the inclinometer to position the dish at 46.7 or 58W.
I have attached the pictures you requested.
I'll be most happy to add anything else that's needed.

I still might have the wiring between the ASC1 and the Linkbox 9000i incorrect.
The LNBs from the dish are plugged into the ASC1 at connection 10.
Then I have plugged a wire from the ASC1 at 11 to the LinkBox #1.
This is labeled as IF input/output - If input from LNB to receiver????

Attachments

• IMG_0330.JPG
    IMG_0330.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0331.JPG
    IMG_0331.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 108
I still might have the wiring between the ASC1 and the Linkbox 9000i incorrect.

I do not understand this?

You posted that you reconnected the Uniden IRD. If so, no wiring is connected to the ASC1. The motor, sensor, servo and coax wires would be reconnected to the Uniden and the 9000i to tune Arirang. Just like it was connected on July 1.

Can you take the same photo without the plastic draped over the feedhorn?

Could you take a photo of the inclinometer attached to the dish showing 46.7 degrees elevation?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)