I need help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Johnd.

Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
I have a VS 2000 Extreme, Invacom Quad Polar LNB, Disecq 4/1 switch.
Winegard DS-2076 dish mounted on the roof with clear view to south.
I can Signal upto about 60%, But no way can I get any Quality on the TV graph. I've even used a sat finder on the roof and cannot find anything.
My system also has a DIGI power SG-2100 H-H motor. But at this point
I just need to get started on one satelite. How must/ should the installation menu be set up. And at the various stages of setup/installation. Please confirm the settings in the installation menu.
I live in southern, Manitoba, Canada and my postal code is R0J 1H0

Thanks
Johnd:mad:

The most powerful satellites are DBS satellites.

So, you should set your receiver for DBS LNB - L.O. of 11250 - and connect the circular output of your LNB to your receiver.

Then get the satellite at 91 degrees West.

Use the angles that you can get at the sadoun.com site to point your dish.

Then mentally note where your dish is pointing (91W) as a reference point, and you can then hook up the LNBF to the Diseqc switch and the switch to your LNBF.

or use IA5 which is really close to his True South. Honestly its better to get the true south in than trying to aim for a DBS satellite. The motor will be off otherwise :)

What is IA5? Should I use only one output of LNB L or C for initial setup?
Take my 13" TV to the dish? Am I close when I have 64% Signal, and
the Quality jumps up and down from 0 to 51%?

Sounds real close. Just touch the dish slightly at the top and wait to see if that affects the quality. The Dish elevation brackets are notoriously inaccurate. You may have to adjust, but having QUALITY is what it's all about. Optimize it , be systematic and deliberate, so you can see your results on the TV. For IA5, you want to use only the L port on the lnb, and set LO freq in receiver at 10750 .

:)

Last edited:
Being totally new at this I see I have a long way to go in the understandings of FTA. I was hoping to just set up a dish connect to receiver and watch TV. Figuring out what all these things are and what their settings should be, like the installation menu on my Viewsa 2000
Extreme LNB Hi and Lo frequencies and TP freq. What should they be or are they different for each satelite? Upon initial set up to find
the due South sat do I bypass the Disecq switch and connect to only the
L or C onthe LNB till I get set up? Some one should be writing books or manuals to assist the newbies.

To me that's part of the fun, figuring it out. I like to get a little direction from the nice fellas here, and then go in the backyard and give it hell. Its comes quickly, don't worry. I've only been at this a month or so and I am already trying to figure out how to talk my wife into letting me put a c-band dish in. So far no luck. She DOES like RetroJams though. Its a start. :up

Last edited:
Johnd - two weeks ago my FTA receiver arrived. I too am a newbie, with perhaps a few days more experience than you. It has taken two weeks but I am starting to feel pretty confident already about this hobby.

My approach was to make things very simple at first (following Einstein's principle, make things as simple as necessary but no simpler), fixed dish, lnb of known properties, connected to receiver. I spent days and days reading and reading and moving the dish around, gradually becoming more familiar with the terminology and gaining some confidence that what I was doing was in fact repeatable (for the most part). After mastering one setup, move on to the next, a different lnb or satellite until you get to know them and what they can do.

There are some good books available in your local library that explain the concepts and terminology, but your best resource is right here. Manufacturers tend to be a bit reticent probably because they have the pay channel people breathing down the backs of their necks all the time. Too much help and they can be accused of helping the 'testers'.

I take my hat off to the volunteers here who with amazing patience do their best to tread a fine line and help people like you and me.

Being totally new at this I see I have a long way to go in the understandings of FTA. I was hoping to just set up a dish connect to receiver and watch TV. Figuring out what all these things are and what their settings should be, like the installation menu on my Viewsa 2000
Extreme LNB Hi and Lo frequencies and TP freq. What should they be or are they different for each satelite? Upon initial set up to find
the due South sat do I bypass the Disecq switch and connect to only the
L or C onthe LNB till I get set up? Some one should be writing books or manuals to assist the newbies.

Once you have your dish pointed to your true south motor over to 97W using only the liniar side of your LNB peek quality on that sat.Than motor over to most west sat like 123W and maybe do some minor adjusting.Once you get quality along the belt on liniar you should now hook up everything and the rotaries ofwhich there are not too many will fall into place.
I almost forgot: inthe seup menue you will have to put in 10750 for liniar freq and 11250 for rot. You must also input the switch numbers you are using for the above.
I hope this helps,Reinhold

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)