LNB polairty questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smikolaj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Southern NH
Hi, I have a question about LNBs. I read somewhere that if I have my fixed dish pointing at G10R that I can mount another LNB to the left side of it and possibly tune in white springs at 129. I have spare directv and dishnetwork LNBs, I was wondering if one of these would work for this or if I would have to buy one. Also, what would I have to buy for a switch to hook this up?

Thanks.

Hi, I have a question about LNBs. I read somewhere that if I have my fixed dish pointing at G10R that I can mount another LNB to the left side of it and possibly tune in white springs at 129.
yes you could. You could even add a LNB to the right of it and add the audio channels on Dish 119 & NASA TV

I have spare directv and dishnetwork LNBs, I was wondering if one of these would work for this or if I would have to buy one.
the DirecTV/Dish LNB's woudln't work for White Springs, since it is KU Band (same as G10). But you could add the Dish/Direct LNB to the other side for the audio on 119.

Also, what would I have to buy for a switch to hook this up?

Thanks.

diseqc switch
http://sadoun.com/Sat/Products/DiSEqC/SDS41C.htm

Neither of those two (DBS) lnbf's will work for White Springs TV. You will need a Standard linear ku lnbf or a Universal ku lnbf. And you will need a switch to combine them into your receiver, either a Multi-Switch (then your lnbf's would need to be duals and a Universal won't work), or a Diseqc Switch (best bet maybe). Good Luck!

Al

Edit: late as usual, the Iceberg has sank my ship once again, maybe I need a faster ship?

Forgot to ask about lnb mounting

Thanks for answering my questions about the correct LNB's. I forgot to ask about mounting options. I have seen pictures of makeshift mounts with pipe and hose clamps - is this how it is done? or is there something you can buy?

Also, is there a rule of thumb for spacing the LNBs? or is it something I just have to play around with and figure out on my own?

Thanks again.

There are these 2 LNB holders you can buy but a hoseclamp works really well :D

With most LNB’s the closest you can get is 4 degrees separation. Most are 5. So when you put the LNB next to G10 for 129W I think (depending on the LNB’s) you might need a ½” piece of wood in between. That’s what I did to get 119 on my StarChoice dish (which has 107.3 & 111.1). Wedged a piece of wood about ¾” thick and got good results

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)