I need info on new hopper plus

1 - Scott says yes, in my experience, no.
2 - WHen you plug the HDMI into the Hopper while the plus us connected, you get a page telling you that the HDMI is disable and to connect to the Plus
Scott said yes you say no I say yes, there are little things about these androids you don't know yet but you will when Dish officially releases them I guess the 15th. I know these androids inside and out trust me. :)

In the case of Roku, that depends on whether your Roku model supports internet browsers. Not every streaming site has a Roku app,
Name one.
Dish Anywhere

If you are aware that Dish suddenly added a Roku app, how did you find out about it? It is news to me.

I have purchased movies from an old closed Dish account, that are still accessible through Dish Anywhere. So, I would not be able to access those On Demand events directly from my Dish receiver on my current account. I am hoping having a Dish Anywhere app would allow me to log into my other Dish account through the app, to work around this.

I'll name a second one:
puffer.stanford.edu

If you are streaming from a website, doubtful you are getting the benefit of streaming from a app, 1080P/4K/HDR/DV and Dolby Digital+/Atmos sound.
With Puffer, I am getting the benefit of being able to access a live stream of the major broadcast networks at all (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, PBS, CW) although on a three-hour delay since I am in the Eastern time zone, and Puffer's feeds are from San Francisco. Puffer does not have an app on any streaming device, as far as I know.

I'm guessing it has to do with how the Hopper plus's connection to the internet and how it integrates into the system possibly conflicting with a 2nd plus. I wonder if 1 plus on a 2 Hopper system on the Hopper connected to the Internet could work
My guess would be that the second Hopper would need to be completely disconnected from the internet, or at the very least on a completely separate internet connection.

I used to have two purchased Hopper Duos. Each Hopper Duo was connected to a separate satellite dish. (One on Western Arc, and one on Eastern Arc) So, there was no physical connection between the two Hopper Duos in this installation. However, they were both connected to the same WiFi network.

When I would purchase On Demand movies and download them to the hard drive of one Hopper Duo for later viewing, those events would also show up in the Purchases folder of the other Hopper Duo. I could not actually play those events from the other Hopper Duo (I would get an error message every time I tried.) So, each Hopper Duo's Purchases folder contained a mix of all Purchased movies that had been downloaded to either Hopper Duo, but each of those events was only playable on the Hopper Duo where it was actually stored.

(To Dish's credit, the above situation was not quite as bad as it may seem. All events from the opposite Hopper Duo were tacked on at the bottom of the list of Purchases. So, at least they were organized. Once you get to one event that won't play, you know that every event below that won't work, either.)

I can imagine similar issues occurring, if two Hopper+'s were connected to the same internet connection, regardless of how the Hoppers themselves are physically connected to the satellite signal. Simply isolating one Hopper on a separate dish likely wouldn't work.

Reactions: charlesrshell
You can disconnect the plus when you want to use Multiview and reconnect it, probably with a reboot to go back to the AndroidTV platform
Next questions:

1. Do the Joeys (4) still behave normally? Meaning can they still access the DVR and live TV?

2. Could you workaround disconnecting the Plus by simply using the HDMI out of the Hopper 3 while the Plus is still plugged in? I’m assuming in the suggested setup the HDMI connected to the TV is from the Plus and not the H3.
I wonder if this would work, for quickly switching from Hopper+ to regular Hopper viewing, without needing to disconnect any cables:
  • Connect the Hopper+ USB cable to a USB hub with a switched port that you can turn on and off. Connect that USB hub to the Hopper's USB port.
  • Connect the HDMI cables from both the Hopper and the Hopper+ to an HDMI switch. Connect that HDMI switch to the input on the TV.
Then, when you want to switch from Hopper+ viewing to Multiview, simply flip both switches, and let the Hopper reboot.

I wonder if this would work, for quickly switching from Hopper+ to regular Hopper viewing, without needing to disconnect any cables:
  • Connect the Hopper+ USB cable to a USB hub with a switched port that you can turn on and off. Connect that USB hub to the Hopper's USB port.
  • Connect the HDMI cables from both the Hopper and the Hopper+ to an HDMI switch. Connect that HDMI switch to the input on the TV.
Then, when you want to switch from Hopper+ viewing to Multiview, simply flip both switches, and let the Hopper reboot.
You would still need to move the HDMI cable from the H+ back to the H3...

Now your thinking in the right direction.

Dish Anywhere

If you are aware that Dish suddenly added a Roku app, how did you find out about it? It is news to me.

I have purchased movies from an old closed Dish account, that are still accessible through Dish Anywhere. So, I would not be able to access those On Demand events directly from my Dish receiver on my current account. I am hoping having a Dish Anywhere app would allow me to log into my other Dish account through the app, to work around this.

I'll name a second one:
puffer.stanford.edu

With Puffer, I am getting the benefit of being able to access a live stream of the major broadcast networks at all (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, PBS, CW) although on a three-hour delay since I am in the Eastern time zone, and Puffer's feeds are from San Francisco. Puffer does not have an app on any streaming device, as far as I know.
And neither are streaming services, Dish has a streaming service, Sling.

The Dish Anywhere is for those who subscribe to it’s Traditional Service, you cannot go online and subscribe to Dish Anywhere.

Comcast and Charter the same, you can access their content via a app, but you still have to subscribe to it’s Traditional Service.

Comcast has a streaming service, Peacock.

Now Puffer is not a streaming service, it is a Stanford University research study about using machine learning to improve video-streaming algorithms and is limited to 500 participants simultaneously, meaning that at most 500 people are allowed to watch Puffer at a time.

Scott said yes you say no I say yes, there are little things about these androids you don't know yet but you will when Dish officially releases them I guess the 15th. I know these androids inside and out trust me. :)
Well good, explain how the Joeys I hooked up go to the Google Login screen with no way to get past it until the Hopper+ is set up and then they go to the AndroidTV Home Screen. Is it a secret?? Are there nuclear codes involved?? What's the big deal with just educating me on something you say that contradicts the experience I had?

And these are not Androids

My guess would be that the second Hopper would need to be completely disconnected from the internet, or at the very least on a completely separate internet connection.

I used to have two purchased Hopper Duos. Each Hopper Duo was connected to a separate satellite dish. (One on Western Arc, and one on Eastern Arc) So, there was no physical connection between the two Hopper Duos in this installation. However, they were both connected to the same WiFi network.

When I would purchase On Demand movies and download them to the hard drive of one Hopper Duo for later viewing, those events would also show up in the Purchases folder of the other Hopper Duo. I could not actually play those events from the other Hopper Duo (I would get an error message every time I tried.) So, each Hopper Duo's Purchases folder contained a mix of all Purchased movies that had been downloaded to either Hopper Duo, but each of those events was only playable on the Hopper Duo where it was actually stored.

(To Dish's credit, the above situation was not quite as bad as it may seem. All events from the opposite Hopper Duo were tacked on at the bottom of the list of Purchases. So, at least they were organized. Once you get to one event that won't play, you know that every event below that won't work, either.)

I can imagine similar issues occurring, if two Hopper+'s were connected to the same internet connection, regardless of how the Hoppers themselves are physically connected to the satellite signal. Simply isolating one Hopper on a separate dish likely wouldn't work.
The 2nd Hopper should never have been connected to the Internet. Unless using separate solo hubs off the 42 Switch voids the Bridging to the 2nd Hopper, which now that I think of it, both Hoppers in that scenario were supposed to connect to different networks.

Or, potentially, with work-arounds a second Plus could work, but violates Dish's rules for installing them, much like using a Duo Hub off the 42 switch so both Hopper 3's can "see" each other

Purchased movies are stored on the cloud, not the HDD

So, is this Hopper+ FREE including installation or not?
Installation is not free, but we don't know the cost to current customers, but it seems to be free to new customers, looking at the billing on the one I installed last week. There is no change to your current billing if you add the H+

Well good, explain how the Joeys I hooked up go to the Google Login screen with no way to get past it until the Hopper+ is set up and then they go to the AndroidTV Home Screen. Is it a secret?? Are there nuclear codes involved?? What's the big deal with just educating me on something you say that contradicts the experience I had?

And these are not Androids
This is a picture of my tv home screen and by the way I'm not questioning your experience. And they are Androids

Attachments

• P9030001.JPG
    P9030001.JPG
    203 KB · Views: 169
This is a picture of my tv home screen and by the way I'm not questioning your experience. And they are Androids
That is the Home Screen for Roku, the TV is a TCL Roku TV

here is what you posted
A029B879-9A8E-4DCC-81E6-37ECEDE87DE0.jpeg

This is Android TV.

34C984C7-8CE7-403C-A867-17AA3D99D650.jpeg

Also, I think the Hopper+ is called Google TV, not Android TV.