I really wanted Voom... <rant>

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Xynie

Original poster
Jun 10, 2004
Well, I have been reading for weeks about the great VOOM service with all the HD channels you could possibly want. I really got into the hype, and on May 23rd I ordered the Va-va-voom package. I was told it would be installed today, June 10th.

I eagerly awaited today, reading up all about the service, excited about the chance to get the new channels for my 65" HDTV. Yesterday I called Installs Inc, they confirmed my appointment for today, 12:00pm-5:00pm, according to them, everything was ready to go.

I went to work this morning filled with anticipation, I could not wait until it was time to get my service installed. At 11:00, after three quick hours of work I went home, and I sat.... and I sat... and I sat. Knowing that it could be up until 5:00 before they come, I waited patiently. Come abotu 10 minutes ago, I called the number given to me by Voom for install support. They lady on the phone was extremely polite, and offered to lookup my account.

What did she find? No confirmation on reservation, failed attempt to call this morning. Problem is, there is no record of them calling on my caller ID, no record on my answering machine, and my wife, who was home all day, said no one called. I also brought up the fact that I confirmed yesterday, which she said they had no record of.

So, nearly three weeks later, I have no voom. I wasted a day off of work to be stiffed by an installer. What does Voom say? Oh, you signe dup for our biggest package.. I immediatly thought, OK, they will come soon, if not today, maybe saturday. No, I get offered a month free, and an install date of JULY 2ND.

JULY 2ND!!!!!

GIVE ME A BREAK VOOM.

Oh well, I have read dozens of horror stories about their installs and customer service on here and other places, and this just lives up to it.

No voom for me, and I am not planning on waiting any longer. They made my decision to shell out the extra cash for a DTV + HDTIVO unit that much easier.

I am sorry for the ranting, but this was exremely frustrating. Wish I could have had the service, but the fact that they couldn't do better then July 2ND in my area is obsurd.

Sorry again for the rant, just wanted people to hear about my experience, and warn them to keep on their butts on the installs.

Anthony

*I cross posted this at a few other sites that I am a part of, in case someone says... HEY HE POSTED THAT HERE!* :D

Its your money, you can spend it on anything you want. I was scheduled for an install on 5/26 and had it pushed to 6/22. No big deal, I am not soooo addicted to tv that I can't wait a week or two, or even a month to get new service. All the ranting and raving makes it seem like people live and die by their tv, or better put, satellite provider. Thats pretty sad.

nicklew98 said:
Its your money, you can spend it on anything you want. I was scheduled for an install on 5/26 and had it pushed to 6/22. No big deal, I am not soooo addicted to tv that I can't wait a week or two, or even a month to get new service. All the ranting and raving makes it seem like people live and die by their tv, or better put, satellite provider. Thats pretty sad.

Sad was my now first impression of them. I was fully ready to give them another chance if they could reschedule to a somewhat near date... but another month? Forget it. I shouldn't have to get to the end of the line again, I even did what was suggested in the FAQ and called to confirm, which I was told was confirmed.

Missing an appointment I can see, but not resolving the problem is what turned me off.

That sucks. It seems like they should try to do *something* to remedy the problem.

Xynie said:
*I cross posted this at a few other sites that I am a part of, in case someone says... HEY HE POSTED THAT HERE!* :D
I caught this over at AVSforum. Sorry about your experience. Voom's sucking eggs right now with its customer support. Look for a guy named rexoverbey. Maybe he and you could help each other out in getting the word out.

I've had some time to calm down, and I still wish i could get their service... but I don't want to wait until next month for them to not show again. The fact that I wasted 4 hours of vacation time sucks...

If I could get someone out here on a weekend, soon, I would have bit my lip and went on... but they just didn't offer it, the only thing available was a Friday.

Anthony

SCratch that, I got a PM on avsforum about it, and I am giong to contact him, if he can work it out for me on a weekend, I will go on for what I still want :)

I guess I should feel lucky, I got my Voom installed 10 days ago. They forgot to bring my OTA antenna, so they assured me they would be back 3 days later. I also was really looking forward to it since my main love for HD is for sports and this is the NBA finals. After several attempts to contact my installers failed they finally left a message today that they are not coming this week because the Voom satelitte did not come in for the other install they had in my town. So if I ever need a service call and there is no other reason to come to my town I am just out of luck.
Voom has a good product but they will learn that the lowest bidder is not always the best choice. You get what you pay for. I just hope they don't lose to many people like this before they learn that. Customer service is very important to people. They are just to many choices out there.

Wilt has already emailed me back, said he is "on it".

Looks like there is someone working hard for their company :D

I know it wasn't Voom's direct fault, but the installers, but it is who Voom hired to do installs in their name... Hopefully everything will get worked out, and I can get my HDTV on a weekend, since I can't take another vacation day for an installer.

Anthony

Glad to hear Wilt is on it.

We were one of the early adoptors of VOOM why back in Dec. and had missed appointments, poor installation, etc., etc. Then I heard about "Wilt" on the Yahoo/VOOM forum after posting on avsforum(sorry, Scott). He passed on the problem to a nice "NY second" lady at VOOM's headquarters and the problems were resolved.

So here I am checking through SatGuys and posting while my partner is doing what? Watching HDTV via VOOM in the living room, of course. We love it and have watched it grow. Looking forward to the software update and additional programming later this year and next but for now are very satisfied customers.

Watching VOOM from a distance under cloudy Seattle skies, Gill

Currently Voom is back logged with their recent responce in customers. The equipment is now being shipped in bulk to the installers from motorolla. It ussually takes about a week for things to happen. If you were really interested in getting Voom I would just have taken the free month and requested that the installer call you once the equipment was shipped. That way you could have scheduled it directly with the installer knowing that they would show up that day so you wouldn't waste you anticipation.

Not that it's supposed to make you feel any better, but I had to take a couple days off to get Voom also.

When I was installed a few months ago, the installer came out on my initial installation date with all the equipment and took one look at the house and said "That's a pretty tall house. We're going to need a 40 foot ladder. We'll have to reschedule you." :no We'll I was ticked because here the guy is with the dish and STBs sitting there and he didn't have a damn ladder tall enough to reach the roof of my regular 2 story house. I was ticked after taking the day off of work. But I gave in and made another appointment for 2 guys with a 40 foot ladder. They came out a week later, and did a great job installing everything just the way I wanted it. (with a $40 fee, but I think it was worth it because they were both great guys) It stinks I had to take another day off of work and was delayed a week, but I've been VaVaVoomin ever since and am loving it. :yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)