I see why 4DTV people give up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
I finally received my new replacement 922 yesterday. The new one mapped in quick and works great.

My gripe is with NPS. After battling with the customer reps, I understand why C banders have left over the years. Perhaps lured by free equipment or small dishes or channel availability from the competition. Certainly not programming cost.

When I attempted to have the new receiver activated last night, they informed me that my account balance had been written off. My programming package started in July, shortly before my 905 was ruined by lightning. After waiting until Sept. for the first 922 (which failed 60 days later) continuing to yesterday. The CS rep said there was nothing she could do. At that point, I called SRL which will have my business from this point forward.

The funny thing is when I called NPS I dialed from memory and reached Dish Network somehow by mistake. I wonder if that was a sign?

I have never done business with NPS but I can tell you the people at SRL are teriffic and easy to work with. I think you will be pleased.

I have delt with both, NPS was alot better years ago but in the last few years they have changed. SRL was always great and still is. I still have programming with NPS but never order for more than 3 months at a time.

One thing you may want to do is talk with a supervisor at NPS. I have had my fair share of problems over the years. A supervisor always was able to resolve the issue in my favor.

Ive always dealt with John at NPS and hes right on top of things.

I agree with tvropro,
always 3 months , no guarantee channels will be around, they
go to quick now
I have never had trouble with SRL

NPS comes in two flavors - EXCELLENT and AWFUL. It depends on which rep you talk to. Their higher level management is A-1 top notch. Their CS level folks are so/so.

The only real headache I have had with them was multiple billings on my credit card for the same transaction. This involved hours on the phone with the credit card company and NPS.

I have never did business with SRL but NPS used to have the best prices. Now it seems that everything is going up.

NPS comes in two flavors - EXCELLENT and AWFUL. It depends on which rep you talk to. Their higher level management is A-1 top notch. Their CS level folks are so/so.

That is so true I have delt with some at NPS that are great and then some well you know.

Now it seems that everything is going up.
There have been massive jumps in satellite programming costs but still if I look at what people pay for cable and pizza we still beat them. It's not only satellite tv everytime I turn around this that and the other thing is going up. Why don't our payscale go up like that :confused:

I agree with tvropro,
always 3 months , no guarantee channels will be around, they
go to quick now
I have never had trouble with SRL

I started doing that with analog years ago since at that time I didn't have a 4DTV. Except for a few digitals that are stable (I have one channel, GSN right now for a year) Everything else is in 3 month periods.

My biggest complaint with NPS is the uplink 9% fee in addition to the advertised price, however I still do have some programming with them. I do use SPS a NPS reseller and they do not charge an uplink fee.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)