Jun 30, 2007
Sacramento, CA
This is what I got:

$20 off for 12 months,
$10 off for 24 months as an AAA member,
Free showtime for 12 months,
$10 off for 5 months referral deal, the other DirecTV sub gets his $50,
A $50 visa card signing up with autopay,
$99 for one HDDVR after $100 instant rebate.

If you want to find out how to get all of the above in one phone call, you can PM me, or if you have more to add please do so, I can always call them to change before the actual installation:)

This is what I got:

$20 off for 12 months,
$10 off for 24 months as an AAA member,
Free showtime for 12 months,
$10 off for 5 months referral deal, the other DirecTV sub gets his $50,
A $50 visa card signing up with autopay,
$99 for one HDDVR after $100 instant rebate.

If you want to find out how to get all of the above in one phone call, you can PM me, or if you have more to add please do so, I can always call them to change before the actual installation:)

Sounds like you did good.
Is the HD DVR the only rec ?

Jimbo

Sounds like you did good.
Is the HD DVR the only rec ?

Jimbo

Yes, I plan to keep my two Dish 622s until I add D* HDDVRs in the next few months to soften the impact of the $199 cost, after that I will switch entirely to D*. I need at least 4 HDDVRs.

I have already quite a few people PM me, if you could all bear with me while I try to confirm all the deals with D*. Apparently some unusual ones will take a day or two to show up on their system but I will make sure they are all there before installation.

Once I confirm everything I will PM you back individually or if too many of you are asking I will summarize here.

After some doubts were raised I finally cleared up with D* reps, I have copied and pasted below what I have finalized, there is one thing mentioned in there that happened elsewhere and makes no sense to you just ignore it.

Here you go:

Now after talking to no less than 5 different D* people, canceling then re-ordering twice, I think I had finally got it in order. And I must say dtrell was partially correct. So I want first to apologized if I said anything to offend you.

Now if you look at the two printouts blow, the first one was after I placed the first order, with the promise from the sales rep that I would get all the things I posted in the original post. Noticed the first line the "2007 Q4" code, that is what the $20/mo. off for 12 months is about, actually you will receive two rebate forms to fill out, each for $10/mo. off for 12 months, that makes it $20 off.

But no where in there can you see the AAA deal.

In the second printout, which is in fact my 3rd order, the 2007 Q4 code is gone, meaning I will get only one rebate form for $10/mo. off for 12 months (standard for all new subs regardless), but a "Programming_DummyName_292751" code appeared, that is the AAA $10/mo for 24 months. With the 2007 Q4 code gone, the one year Showtime free deal will be good, and with the 2007 Q4 code in there the Showtime deal would only be three months like the rest of the movie packs.

Additionally the referral deal was verified every time even though you don't see it in the printout, and the $50 visa card deal is shaky, I was told it is exclusive for online order by some reps, and yes I could get it by others, but I signed on to autopay anyway just in case, should know one way or the other in 8 weeks.

I will begin responding to AAA members who have PMed me later tonight when I have time, there a some pitfalls to avoid when you call, and I had gone through all of them so I can probably save you guys some aggravation. For non-AAA members, there is proof you can still call to get the $20 off for 12 months, the code name is 2007 Q4. make sense uh? Oh yeah the Showtime free for one year can not be combined with the 2007 Q4 deal.

In a nutshell, as an AAA member to sign on as a NEW customer, you get $20 off the first year, an extra $10/mo. off in the second year, and free Showtime for one year instead of 3 months.

Below are the printouts:

Welcome to DIRECTV _2007 Q4 Offer 047 B5712/471 $0.00
PLUS HD DVR P0000063640000000011 $0.00
HD Access_Tier 1 P0000063760000000011 $0.00
HBO1 $0.00
STARZ!1 $0.00
SHOWTIME1 $0.00
Cinemax1 $0.00
DVR Service1 $0.00
Standard Professional Install1 $0.00
DeliveryHandling_DummyName_293811 $0.00
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable)1 $0.00
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish1 $0.00

PLUS HD DVR P0000063640000000011 $0.00
HD Access_Tier 1 P0000063760000000011 $0.00
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable)1 $0.00
Standard Professional Install1 $0.00
DeliveryHandling_DummyName_293811 $0.00
Programming_DummyName_292751 $0.00
HBO1 $0.00
STARZ!1 $0.00
SHOWTIME1 $0.00
Cinemax1 $0.00
DVR Service1 $0.00
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish1 $0.00

If I can get Directv to bill me for the two HD-DVRs I'd sign up in a heartbeat.

I can either sign up as a new customer under my wife, or sign up as a returning customer under me.

This is what is going to happen, because I have seen it happen before. When you submit your rebates, they will be denied. It happens with people who get a bundled package with Verizon or Quest because the terms and conditions clearly read "Limit one bill credit offer per account". See the terms an conditions for yourself. It will let them add it to the order, but when you go to submit the rebate, your account won't be eligible for the deal. And if you think of the printout of the order gets you anywhere, the bottom of the order clearly reads that the terms and conditions supersede any promises or other offer.

So pick one rebate and go with it. That will not stop you from getting free showtime though.

This is what is going to happen, because I have seen it happen before. When you submit your rebates, they will be denied. It happens with people who get a bundled package with Verizon or Quest because the terms and conditions clearly read "Limit one bill credit offer per account". See the terms an conditions for yourself. It will let them add it to the order, but when you go to submit the rebate, your account won't be eligible for the deal. And if you think of the printout of the order gets you anywhere, the bottom of the order clearly reads that the terms and conditions supersede any promises or other offer.

So pick one rebate and go with it. That will not stop you from getting free showtime though.

not to rain on your parade or anything... :D

Just wanted to add a quick note. I got a similar type of deal when I upgraded to high def. However, almost every month when I receive my bill, I have to call Directv to get adjustments because only some of the credits would appear. I used to pay by Autopay but when they started messing up my bill by not giving me all the credits I was entitled to, I stopped the Autopay (since it's much easier, and better in my opinion, to only pay them what I should be charged instead of them taking too much from me by way of Autopay). So just a warning that if you get a deal, just keep a watch on your bills and be prepared to call if all of your credits don't show up.

Hi Jac,
I'm sorry to say but I think all the Direct TV sales people have all the promos mixed up. I just spoke with a sales supervisor and she told me the 20 off each month is last years promo and you will not see it on your bill if you signed up after the first of the year no matter what the sales agent is telling you. Also, free Showtime for a year is not a valid promo.

New customer promo for 2008 is just as it states on the website. 10 off each month for first 12 months, free show, Cin, HBO, Starz for 3 months and 99 dollar HDDVR. Only other promo would be the 50 off for referal.

I will be staying with Dish Network.

Jeff

Hi Jac,
I'm sorry to say but I think all the Direct TV sales people have all the promos mixed up. I just spoke with a sales supervisor and she told me the 20 off each month is last years promo and you will not see it on your bill if you signed up after the first of the year no matter what the sales agent is telling you. Also, free Showtime for a year is not a valid promo.

New customer promo for 2008 is just as it states on the website. 10 off each month for first 12 months, free show, Cin, HBO, Starz for 3 months and 99 dollar HDDVR. Only other promo would be the 50 off for referal.

I will be staying with Dish Network.

Jeff

Interesting, every rep I talked to had different story to tell me but they all said the 2007 Q4 deal was valid and extended to the end of the month. I even had the code on the bill above in the first printout as written proof.

The one year free Showtime is also in writing above on the second printout called "programming dummy code" or so.

I will certainly watch my online billing activities very closely at least initially.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)