I think I lost my low Ku band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
Something wrong with my lnbf or my Edison receiver setting may have mess thing up while DXing 117W* bird.:(

The freq, range is missing from 10.7 to 11.7 GHz.:rolleyes:

Nope, I even try swapping out LNBF, but no luck.:(

Must be my Edison receiver conferigation setup in advance mode.

I thought I set it at band mode for universal and should be triggering 22 KHz to get Ku low band.

Still scratching my head.:p

Any other ideas?:facepalm

OK will try that and may have to swap my LNBF again tomorrow, since it's getting dark and too cold for my taste!:biggrin

I am tropical type guy used to stationed in Canal Zone, Panama.

For now just TV DXing tonight...:hungry

For troubleshooting, put a cheapo satellite meter (with the 22KHz LED indicator) inline at the LNBF and see if the 22KHz tone is on when a TP below 11700 is selected.

If your dish motor is moving between satellites, the receiver's 22KHz / DiSEqC (which is just modulated 22KHz tone) generation hardware is working.

Reactions: N5XZS
Thanks Ti,

For the heads up and yes my moter is working fine. Right now just waiting for cold morning to warm up, it went down to 28F*!:)

So I can swap out the LNBF and make sure I get the low Ku band back, if not get a cheap 22 KHz detecter meter.:)

No luck on Ku low band 22 KHZ switch.

May have go to electronic shop and see if they have cheap satellite 22 KHz meter.

Shouldn't cost no more than $20 bucks right?:rolleyes:

I have a universal lnb on 117w . I have my setting at band but i am not picking up anything below 11700. Should toneburst a or b be set?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)